Comodo Device Management 4.5 Released!

Hi all,

We would like to announce new version of Comodo Device Management (CDM) 4.5

With 4.5 release, you can manage and secure Windows laptops, desktops, workstations and servers. Also, IOS and Android smartphones and tablets. Comodo Device Management (CDM) enable you to control all of your devices from one console.

We already provided 7 layered security (Anti-virus, Firewall, Cloud File intelligence, HIPS, Containment, behavior analysis and Web URL filtering) for your endpoints. With this version remote control and visibility is improved over anti-virus. You can configure granular AV policies with profiles and trigger scans on real time as addition. You would be able to see immediately if any malware found on the system. You will have full info about security status of your inventory.

One important reminder, Comodo Device Management (CDM) has basic version which has full Mobile Device Management, Mobile Application Management, Mobile Security Management and limited time Windows Endpoint Security Management FOR FREE!!!

You can get your free license from below link right away and start using it… If you already have Comodo ONE account, please check your Appstore to enable CDM inside your portal.
https://secure.comodo.com/home/purch…82&license=try

And please don’t forget, You can use Comodo Cloud Servers start using it in a few minutes or you can deploy it to your internal servers and host on your company. Both options are available.

Release notes:

What is new?

1. New interface for easy and intuitive navigation.
  2. Anti-virus management over CDM portal: Admin would be able to configure scheduled scans and trigger on demand scans over CDM.
  3. Sandbox history: Admin would be able to see the history of executables which ran inside sandbox.
  4. Quarantine List: Admin would be able to see the full list of files that are quarantined with options of permanently removing it or restoring them to original location.
  5. Computer infection report: Admin would be able to get reports about current and past infections over endpoints.
  6. Anti-virus scan report: Admin would be able to get reports about scheduled and on demand AV scan history over endpoints.
  7. Server Support: Windows Server OS support added.
  8. Site Deployment: Admin would be able to generate Windows MSI package for bulk enrollment over Active Directory / domain controller.

What is improved?

1. Infection dashboard: Admin would be able to see Windows infections on dashboard in addition to Android infections.
  2. Easy Enrollment: Windows endpoints will be enrolled to CES with one click. CES components will be dynamically managed through profile.
  3. Seamless upgrade of Comodo Endpoint Security: Admin would be able to update old versions of CES on endpoints without losing protection.

Ilker

Amazing job guys!!! Totally FREE Mobile Device Management…Totally FREE Windows management…AMAZING!!!

Hi everyone,

Admin guide is updated with 4.5 version info. You can check it out right away: https://help.comodo.com/topic-214-1-…e-Manager.html

@llker looks great but can you tell me what is limited in the ‘limited time Windows Endpoint Security Management’
Do you mean there will be a charge at some point?

Thanks
Matt

Hello,

The basic subscription includes 1 month trial for Windows Endpoint Security Management. You can see a comparison between the Basic and Premium subscriptions here:

https://dm.comodo.com/#features

Hi @msitcmatt

It has only time limitation for Comodo Endpoint Security part of it. There is no feature limitation.

After one month, you can still use the MDM, MAM, MSM and BYOD part of it for free. Only Windows endpoint protection usage would be charged.

You can check details from https://dm.comodo.com/

Hi,
We are interested in trying the Windows endpoint protection, however it is crutial that we can generate a monthly report with infections/actions by device for each company.

How can we achieve that goal?

We found on the dm site this: Quickly generate and view extensive reports on discovered threats, device events, user activity, push statistics and more.

That is what we need, preferably automatic sending to our team on th 1st of every month for evaluation (prior to sending it to the company contact).

@MiguelSalles ,

In order to generate a report from CDM you must go to: Reports -> Exports -> Generate -> Device Hardware Inventory Report.

At the moment this is the only report that is available in CDM. Please try it and let us know if it suits your needs or if you would like for CDM to create additional reports.

CDM can not send reports automatically, but we can escalate this as a future request.

Hi @Scott
This report is useful, however we are looking for endpoint security reports. (I have already voted on the technology Committees > Technology Polls, but there is nothing mentioning endpoint security there.

Tks

Hi @MiguelSalles ,

We are already planning on improving the Reports section in CDM and we have also forwarded your feature request regarding automatic reports generating and sending to a specified email.
Thank you for your suggestions.

Thank you.
We have a business intelligence team available, maybe 15-20 hours/week. If we can be of any help. However they are now specialized on the Microsoft BI platform.

Hi @MiguelSalles

Thanks for your offer. You can share your ideas or example report formats with us to contribute on this topic. These reports are now under design and would be available in Q1 over CDM.

Ilker

Where can I find pricing on the end point protection?

Hello,

The pricing for the Device Management Endpoint protection can be seen with this URL: https://accounts.comodo.com/mdm/management/signup

Thank you!

What’s the probability we could get CIS or CCAV integrated with this product and have it remain free? I am seeking a product similar to Avast!'s free offering that allows for a centralized management setup for their AV product.

https://www.avast.com/en-us/avast-for-business

Hello @budda

I will forward your feedback as a feature request. Thank you for your interest in Comodo Device Management.

CIS or CCAV is integrated as CES (Comodo Endpoint Security) for enterprise versions. And its for a fee for enterprise.

I’ve seen and played with some of CES features and can say it is a solid product. My intent/thought process is that currently it is free for business customers to use CIS for business use much like Avast! for business. There are many differences between the two products in terms of AV protection/sandboxing/and so on Avast! offers a free web portal with registered devices that shows stats/info and allows for basic commands like run av scan, reboot/shutdown and such. They also have a premium section that offers more functionality to their overall product much like Comodo can.

Some of my lower end clients (6 computer vet clinic for example) will not current front $40/year per computer for an AV solution when the same company has a free product that is fantastic for protection. By allowing me the msp portion the ability to manage the basic setup like I can in Avast! you encourage me to keep recomending/utilizing your products where I can but you also keep those end users in the Comodo ecosystem. Training my end users to use CIS/CCAV at work they can easily transition and use those same skill sets at home further increasing your brands business/name exposure.

I’d truly appreciate a setup where I can do a one stop shop and utilize/leverage a multi-leveled Comodo software package that was customized for each of the businesses I work for.

Hello @budda,

Thank you for your feedback on Comodo Device Management. I have forwarded it to the concerned department for further analysis and we will get back to you with any updates as soon as possible.