Differences between licences RMM

Hello,

Now that RMM goes on billing, I wonder what are the differences between this licences:

• Endpoint Manager Standard Edition (1-99) $15 per endpoint per year
  • iTarian Device Prepaid Subscriptoin for Enterprise (1-99) $12.5 per endpoint per year
    Which one should I order to keep RMM with its full options?

Also on the subject, I have my licences and have activated the new ones, assume remove old AEP, add new Xcituim and allocated as needed ok.

BUT how do we easily allocate the itairian rmm endpoint ones?
It appears the portal cannot show me what customers need, it only shows XCS seats not the RMM seats?
I’ve cut back to just 30 devices for RMM, not all are with profiles maybe 25-27 but do I need to look somewhere else to apply ?

The same issue with mobile MDM, except I only have one client with 5 devices so could do that manually, still no visible way to find used seats?

mcfproservices

In other word, as an enterprise (not MSP, only one default customer), which licence should I buy to extend my old free standard licence and benefit again of RMM options and how to attach it to some specific endpoints, I have around 40 endpoints but only 20 are designed to be monitored by RMM?
(only yearly prepaid version)

Hi @votinfo

Endpoint Manager Standard Edition is the old version; this is being replaced by “ITarian Device” licenses. Both licenses technically do the same, and as you correctly state both products have always had a fee to them.

What we have done is re-brand the licenses to easier names, on top of this we have fully defined what you get in a clear manager to remove any confusion.

Go with the new license!

Hi @mcfproservices

This allocation screen will be getting a new look at feel soon, but I will be honest we are looking around to see what people need from it.

The allocations done here have no impact on your licenses, it is simply a tool for internal use so you can logically see what is happening with your license and who might need to pay more.

Any thoughts and ideas on this, please put them on https://feedback.itarian.com/

Thanks for your answer @RT-AMS-ITarian

So, if I correctly understand I go for:
20 x iTarian Device Prepaid Subscription for Enterprise (1-99) $12.5 per endpoint per year.
(total amount $250) and get a new licence key by email.
Then, in Licence Management>Add Licence, I add the key of this new licence.
Then, in Licence Management>Licence Allocation, I allocate the licence to the Default Customer (the only one available for Enterprise).
Then, in Devices>Device List>Group Management, I can create a special Group including all the devices that need RMM. (20 devices among 40 in my case). (call it “RMM Group”)
The I create a new profile in Configuration Templates that includes Basic (free options) AND Devices (paid options among them I have to ckeck Monitors, Procedures, Patch Management, Maintenance Window) but not XCS (paid options). (call this profile “Windows - RMM Profile”)
Then for this profile goto Associated Devices>Assign Source to Profile
Then choose Selected device group(s) and type “RMM Group”.
And all of the devices of the “RMM Group” wil be assiociated to the new licence and benefit of RMM functions?
Is that the correct procedure?
Best regards

Hi @votinfo,

let me break this down to make sure all is clear.

20 x iTarian Device Prepaid Subscription for Enterprise (1-99) $12.5 per endpoint per year.
(total amount $250) and get a new licence key by email.

I do not know the price to hand, but your logic looks good.

Then, in Licence Management>Add Licence, I add the key of this new licence.

Before doing this you need to active the license in CAM if not done at the time of purchase, else this is correct.

Then, in Licence Management>Licence Allocation, I allocate the licence to the Default Customer (the only one available for Enterprise).

You technically do not need to “allocate” the license as by default they are in a pool that ITarian uses to cover devices that have the paid profiles. The tool is only there for internal use so you can note were your assigning the licenses logically.

Then, in Devices>Device List>Group Management, I can create a special Group including all the devices that need RMM. (20 devices among 40 in my case). (call it “RMM Group”)

Correct

The I create a new profile in Configuration Templates that includes Basic (free options) AND Devices (paid options among them I have to ckeck Monitors, Procedures, Patch Management, Maintenance Window) but not XCS (paid options). (call this profile “Windows - RMM Profile”)
Then for this profile goto Associated Devices>Assign Source to Profile
Then choose Selected device group(s) and type “RMM Group”.

Correct

And all of the devices of the “RMM Group” wil be assiociated to the new licence and benefit of RMM functions?

Correct

I hope this helps answer the question in full

1 Like

Hello @RT-AMS-ITarian

Many thanks for your help perfectly clear to me.

1 Like