Hotfix for ITarian Platform & Comodo Client Security (2022-18-05)

Hello everyone,

We want to inform you that we have a hotfix release on Itarian platform and Comodo Communication Client on the 18th of May at 04:00 AM EST (08:00 AM GMT). The release is expected to take 1 hour to deploy, during that time, we don’t expect any outage. If you observe any issues, please feel free to share with us.

Here is the item list that is included in the hotfix:

Device Management & Licensing

New Features

• Export Functionality for Vulnerability Management
Export ability will be added for the Vulnerability List and Vulnerable Devices pages to export vulnerability reports as .csv.

Improvements

• Registration Flow Changes
Security Questions step is not on registration as well as a Calendly session appointment option. Also Calendly session setup is available later on the portal.
  • Help Menu items list updated
  • Bulk Export/Import Functionality for Procedures
Multiple procedures under the Configuration Templates section will be imported and exported.
  • Showing Last Logged-in User at the Device List Table of Logged in User Column
From now on, the last logged-in user will be shown on the device list table of the last logged in user column instead of the current logged-in user. The currently logged-in user will be shown as green-colored, also the last logged-in user will be shown as gray-colored.
  • Adding Newly Enrolled Endpoints to Default Group if the Associated Device Group is Deleted
With this improvement, if the device is enrolled after the associated device group is deleted, the device will be added under the selected Customer -> Default Group. If the customer is also deleted, devices will be added under the Default Customer -> Default Group.
  • Improving Navigation with Breadcrumbs
Breadcrumbs will be extended for easier navigation.
  • Improvements on the cursor default position on pop-ups
There is no need to put the cursor on the pop-ups now but the cursor is there automatically.

Comodo Communication Client

Bug-Fixes

• The incorrect service paths for services of Comodo Communication Client 7.0.42010.22030 has been fixed.
  • Fixed the issue of ITSM agent fails to update and it causes broken Comodo Communication Client instance.

You can feel free to share your feedback and comments through this post.

We will share any updates regarding the hotfix release through here.

Kind Regards.

That’s but you posted this on May 19, when the update was on May 18.

I guess that maybe someone scheduled the announcement post to be published on the wrong date… :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

I apologize for not on time announcement. That’s because of some internal arrangements that took longer then expected. Next time it will be announced on time.

@Vadym Great to hear that the navigation is going to be improved:

• Showing Last Logged-in User at the Device List Table of Logged in User Column
  • Improving Navigation with Breadcrumbs
I still don't see the breadcrumbs. Is this already implemented (for Europe)?

Keep up the improvements and fixes;)

Improving Navigation with Breadcrumbs

Hi there,

I’m not quite sure about what are the “breadcrumbs” in this context… In the Spanish region of Castilla-La Mancha, “breadcrumbs” are a typical dish made with bread, garlic, chorizo (Spanish sausage), panceta (fresh bacon), pepper, extra virgin olive oil and parsley. :smiley:

Kind regards from Madrid, have a great weekend!
– Javier Llorente

Hi @DevoteamEndpointSecu ,

Thanks for the recipe. Sounds like a delicious dish :cool:

In this context, I hope, it is meant like when you are in the console and select a group, and then a device, you will see that you are at the device level:
Devicelist / Device management / <group name> / Default Group.
So it is very easy to go one level up and select another device and not start to navigate from the root.

I see that the breadcrumb is active for selecting groups, but when a device is selected, the breadcrumb is gone and the only level up is ‘Device list’.

So hopefully the breadcrumb can also be implemented on device -level.

Hi @ailan,

Thanks a lot for the clarification, people here call that the “top navigation menu”. :slight_smile:

I guess that’s not so easy: take into account that a group belongs only to a customer, but a device can belong to several groups, so probably there is no easy way to show the device group in the breadcrumb. But it should be somehow easy to at least show the customer.

But a feature that I’d really appreciate would be to show the online status of a device in the device view, maybe with a green/red sign next to the device name. That would be really great.

Hi @DevoteamEndpointSecu ,

Yes, the breadcrumb is the ‘trail’ when selecting an object on a sub-level. So you can easily navigate back.
When you want to manage a device, you have to select the customer and the associated group. So the last selected group should be displayed in the trail.
That shouldn’t be so hard to implement, I think/ hope.

Oh, that makes me think of the old tale about Hansel and Gretel and their trail of breadcrumbs… I guess that’s why it’s called “breadcrumbs”… :smiley:

Yes, it’s named after that tale.
But your recipe sounds more appealing :wink:

The logged in user /last user change is very useful, thanks for the patch.
I noticed the change before this post as well.

And was not sure what context breadcrumbs was as well.

mcfproservices