Is Comodo One HIPAA compliant?

I assume thats the case. They can’t be a security company and not encrypt the communications.
Can someone confirm that all data communications are secure and encrypted?

I second this. I am currently taking over a pharmacy chain and this is very important to know.

@melih @Vadym_Volyansky @Ilker comments?

Hi all,

You can check the IP and port allocation from this link anytime: https://help.comodo.com/topic-399-1-786-12452-Appendix-1b---ITSM-Services---IP-Nos,-Host-Names-and-Port-Details---US-Customer.html

All data transfers between servers and client are done over HTTPS and fully encrypted. There are only a few exceptions to this rule

1. when we download software packages to endpoint (like client updates). This is not information exchange but a standard package download
  2. on Remote Control, we use UDP for speed and content optimization (you can control this feature from profiles as well)

Ilker

Is this still slated for Q3 2018? I’d like to be in the loop on this as well.

Is this still slated for Q3 2018? I’d like to be in the loop on this as well.

Also would like an update when there is new news from Comodo, Thanks

Wouldn’t be up to the provider such as the partner to ensure of this relation to protect its clients “digital data” as it wouldn’t fall back on Comodo because they are a provider of the tools given in aspect to ensure the safety of the partner the data given or submitted by the PARTNER as we all know HIPAA is data safe compliance, to ensure safety of data releasing by the Digital havoc as where technically, transmission of data on an unsecured line is a violation to HIPAA. When we look at HIPAA we hear this a lot in the medical field your information to none related to the unlisted members to be able to gain access, even family cannot ask for your data or even know you exist in a hospital or the reason.

I actually had to take a HIPAA course in the medical field, it was new to see recently now for Services like we do and use now, we as a provider to offer this up to ensure clients of trust. I know I introduced the HIPAA regulations back in 2006 on my system, preventing even law enforcement to gain access to clients that potentially was not at fault of items posted or even used on our servers.

Simply we didn’t need our company damaged just because of a thought or none believe that a client was guilty of crimes, when in fact many issues occurred for example like having a wifi used to commit acts on someones else’s connections, therefore the originated connection was hacked or used against the owner, therefore we cannot give access to law enforcement without legal warrant, even then that can be disputed using the HIPPA compliance Regulations because you supplying data that violates the protection of your customers/clients or users. Basically what facebook is doing is violations of HIPAA compliance means your information is stored, and if I to hack facebook I can gain that access. When you can’t remove an account and only deactivate it that’s data storing, when I see 14 days your account will be removed that again, is the violation to a data store. Hope I didn’t overwhelm ones on this as this is the education I learned years back something could have changed since then.

Please add me to the list also.

@jpps ,

Absolutely, We’ll make sure to inform you of any updates concerning this request.

Please inform me as well?

Hello @conaptive,

We will add you in the email update for this request. Thank you and we appreciate for letting us informed on your interest with the request.

Are there any updates on this? It’s been over a year since the last update…

Add me to the growing list of “add me in the loop” please.

I am surprised this has not been implemented yet with Comodo-Itarian starting to charge for +50 endpoints.

@markz ,

We will make sure to get you added on the loop. We apologize for the delay in getting this implemented on the portal. Well keep you updated on this topic

@Jimmy , could we get an update, please?

Please add me in the loop as we deal with healthcare clients.

Copy that. I’ve asked an update from Product Team and have added you on the loop

Checking in on this - HIPAA compliance and a signed BAA is a requirement for anyone working with any private health data. While aspects of the Device manager and the purely analytical parts of the Itarian may not fall under ‘ePHI’ - the Service Desk does require a BAA when used with clients who work with ePHI. End users may and often do include screenshots that contain client information and/or may refer to clients within ticket requests - qualifying the Service Desk for needing a BAA.
We’ve been using ITarian for about a year and half, started when it was free, and kept on even after it started being a paid for service, but have never been able to ‘fully adopt’ ITarian due to the restrictions on the Service Desk. We’ll soon likely have to leave ITarian for a platform that we can fully adopt unless it can meet our compliance needs.