Is ITarian not free anymore?

Hi All,

Not sure if I understand properly, I’m referring to below information on ITarian website, so, ITarian is not free anymore?

Thanks!

@Jimmy Please advise!

This system is a “cost-neutral” system now; not a free system.

A slight difference, but if you are an MSP offering AV, O365 etc it will be free due to the credits you will get!

That is correct and I will be more than happy to further explain our transition moving forward. You can easily e-mail me @ joseph.jaghab@itarian.com any time.

I look forward to meeting you,

Joe

A slight difference?

Nah, free and “cost-neutral” is day and night.

Sent you an email.
One of many emails sent to Itarian with zero responses so it would be nice if you would respond.

I mean slight difference in that if your an msp providing AV, email and other services you get it free still meaning you have no additional costs.

Hi, I responded to your email. Reach me directly at any time.

No thats not a slight difference. Thats totally different from free.
Why are you trying to twist this?

Hi @smartcloud

I’m glad to say we are not twisting this, we just quiet our minds and look at the whole picture like a well trained Jedi.

In our meditation we have learnt two facts…

1. For ITarian to stay good and become great it needs funding

2. ITarian is trying to get the funding from Comodo AV profits and products from the new store. If you do not do either of these they will charge you.

Point 2 is where we have a different point of view. As a MSP and distributor of Comodo/ITarian we have the problem ourselves and looked at it and see that we will not be charged at all as we sell the AV system.

Once the market place is up and running we will more than likely buy our Office 365 for clients from there too meaning we fund the project even more and still have no charges for ITarian.

As we are providing full services to our clients ITarian will stay free for us, and this is why in our point of view it is similar.

You are twisting this and making excuses.
This product was advertised as FREE.
FREE was all over the website.
FREE was promoted several times in this forum.

Its no longer FREE, end of story.
The notion that its still free IF you BUY other products is totally BS.

We actually bought AV for several clients TWICE already for more money than we could get Symantec for.
We did that to support them. But the way they have implement this new model had been horrible.

We can buy symantec AV, add $2.50 per device and use Itarians competitors who has a much better platform for less money.
So why should we support Itarian?
its a simple business question.

I am really tired of being a beta tester and deal with same problems over and over.
I can put up with it for FREE but I dont feel like paying for being a beta tester.

Again, all of this is not as bad as the horrible way Itarian implemented this.
Banning people for being vocal, Itarian staff being clueless. No responses to emails.
Even today I am sure many forum members dont get the new pricing structure.
Seriously, this was done very poorly. Itarian created such an adversary situation.

You being a shill for Itarian is not helping as you push your business.

Hi @smartcloud

I’m honestly not trying to twist anything and will answer all of the above extremely truthfully.

This product was advertised as FREE.
FREE was all over the website.
FREE was promoted several times in this forum.

Correct, this product was free and advertised as free lots of times. I cannot and will not argue this point and never will as it is true.

Its no longer FREE, end of story.
The notion that its still free IF you BUY other products is totally BS.

Correct again, this is no longer free; but the fact that it is free if you buy Comodo Antivirus (and soon to be other products from the store) is not BS but truth.

We actually bought AV for several clients TWICE already for more money than we could get Symantec for.
We did that to support them. But the way they have implement this new model had been horrible.

The way this was approached was not the best, but Comodo are listening and adapting hence the recent change and poll to give people 50 licenses free (details to still be fleshed out).
The AV pricing you had sounds expensive, please email me on robin@strobe-it.co.uk and I’m sure I can show you that the pricing is more than reasonable.

We can buy symantec AV, add $2.50 per device and use Itarians competitors who has a much better platform for less money.
So why should we support Itarian?
its a simple business question.

I’m not sure what platforms you are comparing against, but I have not seen anything in this price bracket; so I would be interested to hear what you have.

I am really tired of being a beta tester and deal with same problems over and over.
I can put up with it for FREE but I dont feel like paying for being a beta tester.

I totally understand and agree that we do not like being a beta tester either and we have had many ups and downs I can say; but I understand that with this move the company will get more funding which means more developer time which will improve it.

Again, all of this is not as bad as the horrible way Itarian implemented this.
Banning people for being vocal, Itarian staff being clueless. No responses to emails.
Even today I am sure many forum members dont get the new pricing structure.
Seriously, this was done very poorly. Itarian created such an adversary situation.

I agree that it was done poorly, but there is nothing we can do or say now to change this; so we just have to make the most of it.
On the front of the ITarian staff being clueless, this is due to a big shake up of the team with most sales guys being replaced, and this means new people with training which is a slow process; but distributors like us know what is going on and can help!

You being a shill for Itarian is not helping as you push your business.

This is a little rude, I’m not posing as anything other than a real life MSP who has decided that the Comodo / ITarian sales across the UK, US and EU were not handled well directly or via the local distribution companies in place. In the UK we had VCW for instance who no longer exist due to shady tactics and license tie-ins; and they did not know the products or able to sell / support it right, so we have taken it upon ourselves to speak direct to @melih and the team to fill the shoes and be this proper bridge from manufacture (Comodo) to distributor (us) to reseller (you).

There is nothing “shill” about this as I’m 100% open and honest as I have stated on many forum posts.

If you feel me trying to help people with explanations and prices pushing my business I’m sorry; but we will not stop helping people as that is what we do.

We are not here to pick a fight with anyone about anything, we are here to help as part of the community. Part of this help might be in explaining license, supplying licenses or generally pointing people in the right place. This is our goal, this is the ITarian meaning and what we stand for.

I will apology for using the word shill, not the correct word for you. But you are promoting your own business here so I take everything you say with a grain of salt but I will say you have been more informative and helpful than the Itarian staff.

Too much BS and problems with One and Itarian. How can you trust Itarian after what they just did and with such a poor implementation?

When we bought 70 licenses they promised us 72. I brought it up that it only shows 70 and was told not to worry about it since they dont check how many we use or similar wording.
With the really crappy support, broken scripts, no reports, etc etc etc. I think we are just done now. I was frustrated before the notice of the new cost so that including with the Itarian/Comodo lies I dont really think I want to even try to make this work. We will try other solutions.

By the way, we paid between $22-23 USD for each AV. Thats much more than our Symantec cost us. Directly from Comodo.

Hi @smartcloud

Apologies accepted!
But I do understand where you are coming from with advertising our own business. And being open again I do this for 3 reasons:-

1. We believe in ITarian and our business now runs 100% off their platform and we only sell what we believe in.

2. Obviously we make money selling licences.

3. More sales we make the better ITarian will become

I know what you mean with trust and some things not working, but we have used expensive systems and actually have a gag order with refunds due to them not working. So why pay for them when I can work with ITarian and mould the system and more?

In regards to the license count you had that was true, but badly sold. But now we have license manager to do it properly and I will hold hand up that we helped drive this allowing us to manage our clients and split licence codes etc.
​​​

If anyone is on the fence or need some real information then reach out to StrobeTech/Robin.
A few emails from him changed our opinion and we are reconsidering our plans.

Worth a few minutes of your time, I am sure.

Is it free for 50 Endpoints?

Hello @Itarian_FAN ,
Yes, it is free for 50 endpoints.

Best regards,
Elif

i Cannot speak highly enough of @StrobeTech Robin will look after you without the BS too. Top man :slight_smile:

So its free to use for up to 50 endpoints.
But when you go to 51 do you pay for 51 or do you pay for 1 additional?

At present you get to 51 you pay for all 51… Hopefully it’s an error but Comodo are being very quiet on clarification.