Korumail 6.7.1 Released!

Hi everyone,

We are happy to announce our new release. This release provides some features, improvements and fixes. This document communicates all of these major changes in Korumail Secure Email Gateway.

Features
• Giving an additional (grace) period to our customers after they exceed their active user quota
• Adding centralized sender whitelisting service provided by Comodo Antispam Labs
• Identifying Incoming / Outgoing messages according to relay flag and recipient’s domain
• Adding sender domain control according to managed domains

Improvements
• Much detailed logging about filtering duration of each detections processes
• Logging every hitting spam rule scores into database
• Moving Office 365 configuration menu to under the main Relay configuration part
• Showing current Comodo ASLab rule version on dashboard

Fixes
• Bug fix in C1 SSO login process about direct login for DAS
• Bug fix about reporting logs in System/Logs page
• Bug fix in domain check for Relayed IPs
• Change shown engine version in GUI with the updated version number

We will keep you posted. Meanwhile, if you have any questions about this release, feel free to ask below.

Best Regards,

Oytun Yavuz
Product Manager of Korumail
COMODO

Is this coming to the non-MSP standalone version?

Yes, this new update can be also acquired for that version, DAS Enterprise.

Ideal @Oytun

Will keep my eyes pealed as the following features sound good: -
• Identifying Incoming / Outgoing messages according to relay flag and recipient’s domain
• Much detailed logging about filtering duration of each detections processes
• Logging every hitting spam rule scores into database
• Moving Office 365 configuration menu to under the main Relay configuration part

******* AVOID AS UPGRADE IS BROKEN ********

Upgrade has the ability to break email flow in the following ways: -

• CAM license is rejected so nothing is logged to the GUI
  • SMTP communication for sending and receiving emails is random to if it works or not
  • TNEF is broken meaning all emails receive a winmail.dat attachment
  • Spam rules do not apply correctly meaning random results

We are currently waiting on Comodo to resolve as we and all our clients have no email.

Unfortunately, this is just bad testing and should not happen on such a critical style system.

We are analyzing Robin’s instance’s logs in detail with him. For our other customer, I want to say that this new release requires more resource due to above new features so that first of all we suggest all of our customers to use Korumail with minumum 8 GB RAM. Besides, we try to resolve other CAM license issue. This could be a temporary issue that can be resolved today but you can wait to update now for our another notification from here.

Sorry for this inconvenience.
Regards

Mail Flow for us now seems to be working after a 4 hour email outage.
We are currently testing and checking all as well as trying to get information from Comodo on the issue so we can all learn and avoid serious issues like this.

NOTE
At present it also looks like previously lost emails have been found and processed, this has you can all imagine was our biggest concern

Hi again,

The hidden bugs in v6.7.1 are resolved with the latest hotfix v6.7.2. You can update all these new packages and you can review the latest release content on this page:

https://c1forum.comodo.com/forum/products/other-comodo-products/comodo-korumail/27079-korumail-6-7-2-hotfix-released

I wish you to use without any such convenience. If you will have anything, please do not hesitate to let us know it. We would be happy to help you always.

Regards
Oytun

Hi,

How would i go about updating to the latest version? I`m currently on version 6.6.13

Hi Markx,

You can see the new updates’ notification on your Korumail dashboard and start the update by clicking the update button like as the attached pictures.

Regards
Oytun