Script Requests - Itarian team will write the scripts for you :) for FREE

I could really use a script to delete a specific file from Mac computers.

Hi,
I am looking for a script to disable IPv6 in a Network Connection (ncpa.cpl) named “Ethernet”

Hi @keith.ketcher,

Thanks for your script request. We have asked our script developers to check and provide feedback.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi @josuefpcb,

Thanks for your script request. We have asked our script developers to analyze your request.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi josuefpcb@gmail.com,

Please run this script prepared by our script developers and provide feedback
https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend/web/topic/script-to-disable-ipv6-ethernet

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi @Cronus

The following script from the repository is working fine for us:

Download and install any application from the URL
https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend/web/topic/download-and-install-any-application-from-the-url

We just clone the script and modify the parameters as many times as we need. It works with both EXE and MSI installers, you only have to enter the necessary parameters for running the installer silently.

Hope this will work for you, too.

Have a nice day!

– Javier Llorente
Endpoint Security - Devoteam

Please write a script to change the value of the following registry key: HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NlaSvc\DependOnService

I want to add DNS and Netlogon to the existing list of values, which are: NSI RpcSs TcpIp Dhcp Eventlog

After running the script, the DependOnService should value should be: NSI RpcSs TcpIp Dhcp Eventlog DNS Netlogon

I am looking for a script that will alert us when an endpoint has been inactive for X number of days. I know ITarian will flag an inactive device and can automatically remove it after so long but I want a ticket to be generated for when a device has been inactive to bring it to our attention so we can determine if this is intentional due to retiring or a wipe/reload, or if we need to investigate further.

I am also looking for a script to alert/open a ticket when a device is first enrolled with endpoint manager so we can onboard it into SOCaaP but I think I can handle that one on my own.

Hi RussKinch,

Please try this script with the following parameters as provided and provide your feedback
https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend…registry-value

Key= “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NlaSvc”
Sub_Key= “DependOnService”
Field= “REG_MULTI_SZ”
value = “NSI RpcSs TcpIp Dhcp Eventlog DNS Netlogon”

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi @fastassist,

Please try this existing script and check if it suffice your needs
https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend/web/topic/monitoring-script-no-login-for-more-than-10-days-and-send-email

Please let us know if you have any issues.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

That script will generate an alert if a user login hasn’t occurred on the endpoint in X number of days. What I am wanting to do is get an alert when the endpoint has been inactive in Itarian for X number of days. As in the endpoint has been and is still offline and hasn’t checked into Itarian. I’m not sure if there is a way to do that with a script since the script would only queue for the device until it comes back online again, assuming it comes back online at all. So this might be something that has to be added to the platform itself rather than running a script.

There’s the device offline monitoring alert that triggers within a time range when a device is offline. But it has a max time frame of 24 hours. I am needing something exactly like it that will allow me to trigger an alert only for when the devices has been offline for 30 days or 720 hours. That way we know that the device has been inactive for a long time and get a ticket on it to investigate further.

Hello,

i urgently need a script to download and run a .exe file. i have the file in a publicly accessible s3 bucket url. so ideally i’d like to place this url into the script.

Thanks @mcfproservices I was able to find a script in the thread history for this. The indentation was off but after reading a python tut or two i figured it out.

Just go back a few pages, plenty of examples listed, but script webpage appears offline at present.

mcfproservices

I need a script that will install the Free Comodo Internet Security (CIS Premium) Silently. Allowing you to choose which options you want in advance. For example I don’t want to install the comodo browser or set yahoo as my homepage. At first I tried to use the script below but didn’t know how to make it silent because the /S doesn’t work.

That’s what I was attempting to use.

import urllib
import os

def main(URL='https://cdn.download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/8040/standalone/cispremium_installer.exe', sCMD='/S'):
Path=os.environ['PROGRAMFILES']
if os.path.exists(Path):
fn = URL.split('/')[-1]
fp = os.path.join(Path, fn)
try:
with open(fp, 'wb') as f:
try:
f.write(urllib.urlopen(URL).read())
print fp
except Exception as e:
print e
except Exception as e:
print e
try:
os.chdir(Path)
os.popen(fn +' '+sCMD).read()
os.remove(fn)
return 'Great! Successfully Installed'
except Exception as e:
return e
else:
return 'No path: '+Path+' is exist'

print main()

Ahhh I see that makes sense. Well thank you for looking at it.

I am trying to figure out how to write a script to remove Chrome from a machine. We are switching to using Edge exclusively and don’t want to have both Chrome and Edge as it’s just an extra program we have to keep updated. And the Chrome auto updater is not very reliable.

Hi @carls,

Currently, we don’t have an existing script for this request. We have asked our script developers to analyze and provide feedback.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi @carls

If you (and others) might find it useful, here is a script that will silently uninstall Google Chrome. It should be able to remove all versions of Chrome (I.E versions installed via enterprise MSI or via user/web setup)

It technically has the ability to uninstall pretty much any basic MSI application, as well as Appx packages, but this version is specifically targeted at Chrome. I can provide a version that can perform more advanced functions if requested (Such as ability to specify custom uninstall arguments, config files, apply pre/post install actions, create software inventory reports…etc)

Installation for iTarian Procedures

• Download the ITSM procedure:
  • Within your ITSM portal, import the procedure under Configuration Templates - Procedures
  • Configure desired procedure name, alert settings..etc
  • Configure the default parameters for the procedure from the Parameters tab of the script. See Configuration Parameters below for explanations of each parameter
  • Click Save - Ready to Review - Approve to finish. Assign to a profile and optionally a schedule of your liking
  • (Recommended) Run the new procedure on a single test machine to ensure its working or configured as expected
iTarian Configuration
  • This script can be configured by editing the parameter options within the iTarian RMM procedure
Configuration Parameters This script is configured using iTarian RMM's configuration parameters. Default settings will remove Google Chrome if found on the target machine

Note: 1 = Enabled, 0 = Disabled

App_Name_to_Remove

• Default: Chrome
  • Name of the application to remove. Script will also attempt to match partial names. For example, to remove Google chrome, you can just use "Chrome"
  • Script will only uninstall one application per run, and only if the application was found
Test_Run
  • Default: 0
  • Enable to perform a test run. A test run will not perform any action but will log what the script would have executed
Enable_Logs
  • Default: 1
  • Enable output of script actions, errors and other messages to a log file
LogFile_Directory
  • Default: c:\logs
  • Directory where the log file should be created, if enabled
I've used this myself with success for mass removal of chrome for a few clients (of about 50 devices or less). If you have any issues or requests, I'd be happy to help!

Thanks!

20211002-EZT-AppRemover.json (69.4 KB)

Hi @eztech

Thanks a lot for this useful script! You’re truly an “MSP Hero” ???

Have a great day!

Regards,
– Javier Llorente

Very happy to hear! Feel free to share any improvements or changes you may need