Script to disable background apps

I’m requesting a simple script to turn off the “Let apps run in the background” option under background apps in the system settings.

Thank you very much to whoever takes on the challenge, it’s very kind to write scripts for people :slight_smile:

Hi @Ichomancer,

Thanks for your script request. We have shared your request with our script developers and will update their feedback.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi @Ichomancer,

Be careful with this setting: some Hardware Support Apps (HSA) might require to run in the background to apply the proper settings for the driver they manage, for example, the Dolby app or the Wacom Pen Settings app (used by Lenovo Yoga devices and other pen-enabled devices).

Have a great day!
– Javier Llorente
Endpoint Management - Devoteam

Good advice Javier, definitely something I was concerned about. This is often for older devices with like 4gb of RAM that we don’t plan to upgrade, just to keep them alive haha.

Hi @Ichomancer,

Our script developer has prepared the script for your request, please try and provide your feedback.
https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend/web/topic/script-to-enabledisable-and-default-settings-for-background-app

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi PremJK, this is very exciting news.

I look forward to testing out the script, though I will be on vacation for a few weeks so I won’t have any results for a little bit.

Quick update- I was able to do some testing with this script.
Very professional code as well, I was really impressed.

The script works exactly as intended and I haven’t come across any issues. Thanks again, ITarian is awesome!

Hi @Ichomancer,

Thanks for testing the script and taking the time to provide your feedback. Will share your kind words with the script developer.

Kind Regards,
PremJK