Script to install Microsoft Power BI

hi there, Power BI is in .exe form now, is there a way to script to install and update power BI from the power BI download link?

Hi @doreen82,

We have shared your script request with script developers to analyse and provide feedback.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi @doreen82,

Please run this script prepared by our script developers and provide your feedback
https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend/web/topic/install-power-bi

Note: Run as local system user

Kind Regards,
PremJK

hi support, i am trying to run this script to a pc with standard user access rights, but it doesnt seem to run / install the software. please advise, thanks

Hi @doreenmolly ,

Welcome to ITarian forum community.

Can you please share the screenshot of the execution log? did you run the script as “Run as Local System user” or “Run as Logged in User” as this script works only for Local system user.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

and Support please help, please provide me a script to check power BI version in each client and update to the latest version. Need same script for Forticlient, Adobe Reader

Hi @doreenmolly ,

Please use this script to know what all applications are installed and their versions
https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend/web/topic/script-to-generate-software-installed-inventory-details

We have asked our script developer to provide a script to update the latest version for the following applications - Power BI, Forticlient, and Adobe reader.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

hi Prem, thank you for the script. however there is an error message when i run the script, i tried inputting my email address and password but to no avail, can you please clarify what need to key inside the parameters?

Hi @doreenmolly

Gmail restricts the use of third-party access so you have to create a 16-digit app password for your from email id in order to use in the script.

then provide a valid email from and email to address and the password should be the 16-digit password that you set.

Kind Regards,
PremJk