No announcement yet.

JUST HAPPENED - COMODO Firewall kills NIC after Windows 10 update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delayed Updates I think needs to be implemented just like MS W2, whenever they issue an update something goes wrong, so there should be a way to delay any update until fully tested. For example create on our side like many Virtual Test OS Machines and set them all into a group on ITSM then let them update to the latest Comodo Release and test it, if no error then deploy to all customer for production by just having an option to flag the update as trusty on our Environment. (Just an idea)

Comment

Hi axatech ,

Thank you for sharing the idea. We have created a support ticket to assist you with this and we will email you with updates.

Comment

Originally posted by nnsit View Post
        WARNING: I think something in the recent WIN 10 update Borked the Comodo Firewall.

BACKGROUND:

I have a virtual PC running Win 10 pro. It is on the ITARIAN RMM and Comodo security. It received a major update and I rebooted it late yesterday. After coming back up, it would not connect to the internet.

PROBLEM:

In troubleshooting, I noticed it had no default gateway. But setting it manually did not work. It set back to blank every time I closed the window. I tried a winsock reset and reboot several times, looked for driver updates for the hyper-V NIC, even tried the old svr 2008r3 trick of setting it to DHCP and back. No joy.

SOLUTION:

Then I noticed the "COMODO Internet Security Firewall Driver" checked enabled in the properties of the NIC. So I disabled it and it let me reset the IP settings and everything is working OK now.

Thanks.
        I have done all the above and when I reinstall the rollback version and the system reboots to startup repair screen I've tried everything, restore points, etc but nothing works. This has happened to two of my machine so far and one I have had to reinstall Windows 10 Pro. Has anyone else experienced the issue this bad?

Comment

Originally posted by libretech View Post

I have done all the above and when I reinstall the rollback version and the system reboots to startup repair screen I've tried everything, restore points, etc but nothing works. This has happened to two of my machine so far and one I have had to reinstall Windows 10 Pro. Has anyone else experienced the issue this bad?
          Yep... on three of my clients systems the reboot after the rollback killed the os.. one of them was rescued via sys restore.. the other two had to be wiped.. Not great.

EDIT: All three W10..

Comment

Originally posted by Ed_Johnson View Post

Yep... on three of my clients systems the reboot after the rollback killed the os.. one of them was rescued via sys restore.. the other two had to be wiped.. Not great.

EDIT: All three W10..
            Hi there,

I confirm this issue: on some Windows 10 computers, after uninstalling Comodo Client Security version 11.2.0.7313, the OS is unable to boot and the Startup Repair screen is shown. In our case, we have had this issue on four computers (out of about 600 with the 11.2 installed) so, fortunately, looks like the occurrence is minimal... But this is a major issue when happens, as the Startup Repair has been unable to repair the system in all cases so we have had to fully reinstall and configure the OS. we haven't been able to find a common cause that may trigger that system corruption that kills the boot, so any advice will be welcome.

Best regards,
            -- Javier Llorente
            Devoteam Endpoint Security Team

Comment

I can also confirm, I just had to reinstall Windows 10 pro!! First thing I noticed is that it did not uninstall the Comodo Firewall driver for the NIC, then I ran the removal tool that I got from comodo sometime back, the software did uninstall, but not the driver I mentioned. When this one crashed, was when I tried to install the older version!! This is a huge issue in my opinion!!

Comment

DevoteamEndpointSecurity BOSS ,

Our Product Team has acknowledged your concerns. We are seeking their feedback in regards to the removal tool provided to you before and are replicating the results you encountered.
                Last edited by Jimmy; 04-29-2019, 06:11 PM.

Comment

BOSS DevoteamEndpointSecurity ,

Our Developers have provided a response via support ticket on your queries. Please check your mailbox at your convenience.

Comment

axatech ,

Great Idea. Our Development Team have send some insights via support ticket on your email. Please check at your convenience

Comment

Working...
                    X