Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Licensing methods are not for MSP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Licensing methods are not for MSP

    This product is not MSP ready.
    Its like the developer has never worked in this type of environment and simply does not understand it.

    You can’t assign it to a client but just to the pool.
    Example:
    Purchased 70 licenses for 3 clients.
    A-40
    B-25
    C-5
    Next year when the license is up for renewal and lets say B does not respond or want to put it off.
    The system will just push out licenses to devices asking for it. So I would have to uninstall the security client for the devices not to be licensed.
    If the client then a month later wants to renew, I will have to deploy the security client again.

    If we dont have license control tied to the client who purchased the license, no MSP will use it.



  • #2
    Hello smartcloud ,

    We are currently working on enhancing the License Management features on Comodo One platform. Please see the mockups that I've prepared for this topic.

    https://6jny9l.axshare.com/#p=itarian

    Please try to follow up "hand icon" to proceed on the screens. There are also several + / - buttons that you can play with.

    Also, please see the page number 23 in the mockup.

    At first step you select customer.

    As a second step you can take two actions.

    1. Change existing license counts by using +/ - buttons.
    2. Click on "Buy New License" button. This "Buy New License" button will enable you to buy licenses directly for the selected customer.

    I hope, this approach will work for you. What do you think?

    Looking forward to hear from you.

    Best Regards,
    Ece

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by smartcloud View Post
      This product is not MSP ready.
      Its like the developer has never worked in this type of environment and simply does not understand it.

      You can’t assign it to a client but just to the pool.
      Example:
      Purchased 70 licenses for 3 clients.
      A-40
      B-25
      C-5
      Next year when the license is up for renewal and lets say B does not respond or want to put it off.
      The system will just push out licenses to devices asking for it. So I would have to uninstall the security client for the devices not to be licensed.
      If the client then a month later wants to renew, I will have to deploy the security client again.

      If we dont have license control tied to the client who purchased the license, no MSP will use it.

      out of interest how do other AV companies handle this?

      if you supplied AVG cloud surely it would he the same ? If the client didnt renew then you would need to uninstall the agent ?

      ITSM makes it very easy to remotely remove CCS. If the client doesn't renew but then decides to go for it a month later the price should go up due to the extra time you need to spend pushing the client out again. This should be made apparent in the renewal quote.

      currently CCS is licenced on a "trust" basis. No licences are actually assigned. But you must have to correct licences for the deployed agents....

      James Dyke.
      Director DittoIT.
      www.DittoIT.co.uk
      Backup, Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ece.isel View Post
        Hello smartcloud ,

        We are currently working on enhancing the License Management features on Comodo One platform. Please see the mockups that I've prepared for this topic.

        https://6jny9l.axshare.com/#p=itarian

        Please try to follow up "hand icon" to proceed on the screens. There are also several + / - buttons that you can play with.

        Also, please see the page number 23 in the mockup.

        At first step you select customer.

        As a second step you can take two actions.

        1. Change existing license counts by using +/ - buttons.
        2. Click on "Buy New License" button. This "Buy New License" button will enable you to buy licenses directly for the selected customer.

        I hope, this approach will work for you. What do you think?

        Looking forward to hear from you.

        Best Regards,
        Ece
        Not sure how this will work where we buy licences via distribution channels and not directly from Comodo.
        James Dyke.
        Director DittoIT.
        www.DittoIT.co.uk
        Backup, Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity.

        Comment


        • #5
          That makes sense I think.
          I assume that the licenses for each company will only be used by that company?

          When do you expect this to be released?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dittoit View Post

            out of interest how do other AV companies handle this?

            if you supplied AVG cloud surely it would he the same ? If the client didnt renew then you would need to uninstall the agent ?

            ITSM makes it very easy to remotely remove CCS. If the client doesn't renew but then decides to go for it a month later the price should go up due to the extra time you need to spend pushing the client out again. This should be made apparent in the renewal quote.

            currently CCS is licenced on a "trust" basis. No licences are actually assigned. But you must have to correct licences for the deployed agents....
            No, we dont have to uninstall the AV client.
            it just stops getting updates.
            We buy a license and apply it to the account.
            We dont buy a license for us and split out some for a client like we need to do now with Comodo.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dittoit View Post

              Not sure how this will work where we buy licences via distribution channels and not directly from Comodo.
              Hi James,

              You would be able to see the license that you get from channel at this stage: https://6jny9l.axshare.com/#p=11 then basicly you can select that license and click activate. It will continue the workflow from this step: https://6jny9l.axshare.com/#p=15

              So, no issues expected with partner case as well.

              Last edited by Ilker; 07-06-2018, 09:59 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by smartcloud View Post
                That makes sense I think.
                I assume that the licenses for each company will only be used by that company?

                When do you expect this to be released?
                Hi smartcloud !

                Yes, this is what we plan to have. The licenses purchased for a particular company will only be used by that company.

                This is a feature that is highly demanded by our customers, and we are currently working on the details and design. I can say that it won't take long.

                Thank you!

                Ece

                Comment


                • #9
                  This is something I raised nearly 2 years ago.

                  Most others that have portals enable you to add a client and assign the license to a client.

                  The structure for C1 is there but not implemented, currently it is done on trust as stated by dittoit
                  Robin
                  Director
                  Strobe Technologies Ltd
                  https://www.strobe-it.co.uk/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by StrobeTech View Post
                    This is something I raised nearly 2 years ago.

                    Most others that have portals enable you to add a client and assign the license to a client.

                    The structure for C1 is there but not implemented, currently it is done on trust as stated by dittoit
                    It just suck having to keep a spreadsheet with who bought licenses. Trust or not, you still got to buy them.
                    But the new feature looks very promising.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hello Robin! Hello smartcloud !


                      Thank you for your great feedbacks!

                      Also I want to understand your perspective on the priorities of 3 more items for the later versions of the license management.

                      1) Monthly postpaid - We will implement monthly postpaid. MSP will pay each month (at month end) based on actual usage. (No worries, we will preserve the ability to pay yearly. Monthly payment will be another option.)

                      2) Partial changes to license (new seats added) - We will add the capability of adding new seats for the existing license. It will add it to existing license and would have the same expiry date

                      3) Endpoint licensing - This option will be configurable. MSP can switch on the setting and then associate (assign / deassign) a license directly to a particular device. We will give the full control to MSPs while assigning / deassigning licenses to the endpoints.

                      What do you think about these items? Which one has the highest priority from your perspective?

                      Thank you in advance!

                      Looking forward to hear from you,

                      Ece

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ece.isel View Post
                        Hello Robin! Hello smartcloud !


                        Thank you for your great feedbacks!

                        Also I want to understand your perspective on the priorities of 3 more items for the later versions of the license management.

                        1) Monthly postpaid - We will implement monthly postpaid. MSP will pay each month (at month end) based on actual usage. (No worries, we will preserve the ability to pay yearly. Monthly payment will be another option.)

                        2) Partial changes to license (new seats added) - We will add the capability of adding new seats for the existing license. It will add it to existing license and would have the same expiry date

                        3) Endpoint licensing - This option will be configurable. MSP can switch on the setting and then associate (assign / deassign) a license directly to a particular device. We will give the full control to MSPs while assigning / deassigning licenses to the endpoints.

                        What do you think about these items? Which one has the highest priority from your perspective?

                        Thank you in advance!

                        Looking forward to hear from you,

                        Ece


                        Being honest no.2 is the highest as this enables us to give customers the best value for money and customers must come first.
                        And as a distributor of yours this is also the biggest question and turn off we get.

                        Once this is done the Endpoint licensing would be a good one, so you can do the following: -
                        Customer purchases 10 licenses for example
                        You enter their code into you ITSM and assign it to their company
                        Once assigned to their company you assign it the devices

                        This would give full management as you would then see license expiration and more in your portal in the ITSM Audit section I would help which solves the spreadsheet idea etc
                        Robin
                        Director
                        Strobe Technologies Ltd
                        https://www.strobe-it.co.uk/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by smartcloud View Post

                          It just suck having to keep a spreadsheet with who bought licenses. Trust or not, you still got to buy them.
                          But the new feature looks very promising.

                          Unfortunately spreadsheets are the way, but if you want a little bit of that taken away look at us for distribution as we keep full records for you.
                          https://c1forum.comodo.com/forum/msp...h-a-difference
                          Robin
                          Director
                          Strobe Technologies Ltd
                          https://www.strobe-it.co.uk/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by StrobeTech View Post



                            Being honest no.2 is the highest as this enables us to give customers the best value for money and customers must come first.
                            And as a distributor of yours this is also the biggest question and turn off we get.

                            Once this is done the Endpoint licensing would be a good one, so you can do the following: -
                            Customer purchases 10 licenses for example
                            You enter their code into you ITSM and assign it to their company
                            Once assigned to their company you assign it the devices

                            This would give full management as you would then see license expiration and more in your portal in the ITSM Audit section I would help which solves the spreadsheet idea etc
                            Thank you Robin!

                            These are definitely excellent feedbacks.

                            Best regards,
                            ​​​​​​​Ece

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Just posting my experience from the past using various other MSP-managed AV products:
                              1. The MSP purchases a certain number of seats.
                              2. The MSP adds clients to the portal by installing the endpoint.
                              3. The MSP manages which clients are renewed and which clients went to another product. How the MSP maintains that information is up to them. Most do not use spreadsheets.
                              4. The MSP uninstalls the endpoint on any/all machines if the client fails to renew.
                              5. The seat/license is freed up inside the portal.

                              This is how it's always been done, using all of the various managed security products. I don't understand what the big deal is by having CCS integrated within the C1/ITSM portal - Kaseya has done that for decades.

                              Spreadsheets are not used by any of the MSPs that I worked for as a way of maintaining any real information. They are only used to aggregate information for easier presentation and ease of reference. The only places I see users maintaining spreadsheets as a database of information is with inexperienced or lesser experienced enterprise IT admins. If you are an MSP and you are using spreadsheets for recordkeeping, you need to call Gary Pica and connect with TruMethods to learn to be more productive. No offense, but spreadsheets just might be the least of your concern.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X