No announcement yet.

Rollback of Comodo Client Security v11.2.0.7313

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do we get a report on which endpoints that have been updated and needs to run the uninstall script?
    I have tried some software inventory scripts available in the procedures but have not seen any results.

Comment

Originally posted by oxxy View Post
      How do we get a report on which endpoints that have been updated and needs to run the uninstall script?
      I have tried some software inventory scripts available in the procedures but have not seen any results.
      I found the easiest way to monitor which endpoints have which version of software is from the Audit Dashboard. (in the Itarian platform.. top left)

I found the most reliable script for removing CCS to be 'Restart_Uninstall_CCS_Perfect'

Comment

Originally posted by Ed_Johnson View Post

I found the easiest way to monitor which endpoints have which version of software is from the Audit Dashboard. (in the Itarian platform.. top left)

I found the most reliable script for removing CCS to be 'Restart_Uninstall_CCS_Perfect'
        Thanks Ed_Johnson!
        Unfortunately that URL seams to be pointing to your protected area? Is it the same script that is mentioned earlier in this thread?

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation Ed_Johnson , we appreciate it!

Hello oxxy ,

You can check it through EM portal -> Dashboard -> Audit -> Security Client Version widget
          https://help.comodo.com/topic-399-1-...ard.html#audit

And you can always utilize our script : https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend...without-reboot
          https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend...nt-with-reboot

KRegards,
          Jay
          ITarian Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
            Thanks for the recommendation Ed_Johnson , we appreciate it!

Hello oxxy ,

You can check it through EM portal -> Dashboard -> Audit -> Security Client Version widget
            https://help.comodo.com/topic-399-1-...ard.html#audit

And you can always utilize our script : https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend...without-reboot
            https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend...nt-with-reboot

KRegards,
            Thanks Jay,
            The dashboard is no problem.
            But the script doesn't do anything. I've checked the client name and it's not customized in any way...?

Comment

oxxy ,

I believe Ed_Johnson John is pertaining to this procedure.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Jimmy; 04-25-2019, 02:18 PM.

Comment

I just got an email regarding this issue and was glad to hear about it. I had numerous clients these days reporting network problems.
                I was already suspecting something with CCS but was hoping it wasn't.
                This because issues with the clients happens a lot and the only way to resolve is to uninstall the client and reinstall again.
                The only positive side of the latest problem is that Comodo has introduced the notification by email. Keep that up because that will save us a lot of troubleshooting for a problem thats already knonw by you!!
                The downside is that we have to reinstall the client. I find that very easy to say because nearly every month there is something and reinstalling is very troublesome;
                The uninstall feature is not working. I have to uninstall manually via the script which take roughly an hour per client! With an average of 20-30 clients reporting problems, it takes me 20-30 hours to do it manually.

What I was wondering: Why do you pull out the bad update, put the old one back and tell us to revert back to the old one? This leaves us, with more work, and leaves the client with an impacted system until we take action.
                Why not put the same, last good client, on the repository with a new versionnumber so that all the clients who can connect to the internet, updates automatically to the non-impacted version?
                In this case the problem is solved for now and its a win-win-win situation: Clients have less impacted systems, we, the Itarions are less stressed and therefore Comodo has to do less damage controll.

So, just push the last good version online with a new version number..!

If you can implement that and keep us imformed in case of these problems then it will be a big positive step !!

Comment

Ailan.
                  what a thoroughly brilliant point.

Itarian, please implement asap !!!

Comment

ailan originalscan ,

We thank you guys for your honest feedback. Please refer to our Product Developer's guide with our last April Release implementation under Management of Communication and Security Client Versions section.

Comment

Why can't you re-release the last stable version with a higher version number so it will upgrade? I have no intention of trying to script a comodo removal, a good portion of the time if wrecks the machine and requires me to pull it out of the registry manually. This is an extremely poor response just when you guys were starting to seem to get your act together on quality issues.

Comment

Thanks Jimmy.
                        But will you take on board Ailan's suggestion ?

This would really get us quickly out of this mess.

Comment

Yes, That was also my thought. Last releases had performance issues. Also there the 'fix' was to uninstall and to revert back to the old version. I find it realy strange why the last good version couldn't be released with a newer version.

If the fix is to uninstall and reinstall the client then that procedure should be simplified.
                          I had just tested this with 2 affected systems:
                          I had to uninstall them manually with the script. (even then I couldn't delete the Comodo folder because it states that there were files in use..)

From the webconsole I tried to start the 'Uninstall Comodo Internet Security' script. Results: Finished succesfully. But the logs says that it can't find the CCS.

So please look at the suggested idea and please make a simplified and solid script or procedure to uninstall the different modules.
                          That should be one of the basic features that should work reliable. I don't need the all the extra new features that are implemented in every release before the basics aren't working.

Comment

I have been successful in uninstalling with the provided script. I rebooted each machine and am still having problems pushing the reinstall back out to the clients. I have tested this locally on my systems with success. Now that I am running it on my client's machines it does not seem to be taking the re-installation of the previous version. Anyone else having this same problem?

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion ailan.

I had to uninstall them manually with the script. (even then I couldn't delete the Comodo folder because it states that there were files in use..)
                              The reason you were not able to delete the folder is because there is still a need to restart the endpoint to complete the uninstallation process (which is typical with any AV solution).

From the webconsole I tried to start the 'Uninstall Comodo Internet Security' script. Results: Finished succesfully. But the logs says that it can't find the CCS.
                              That predefined procedure / script (including those available in the ITarian Scripts site) was made before the introduction of the 'rebranding' feature. If you did NOT rebrand CCS, the script will be able to detect the 'Comodo Client - Security' entry in the Windows registry and perform the removal correctly. If CCS is rebranded, there is a need to either temporarily disable the rebranding then use the script OR edit the appropriate part of the script to target the 'rebranded CCS name'.

We have received a few reports that the recently revised script to uninstall a 'rebranded' CCS is not doing what it is supposed to do. This has already been raised to the script developers for further analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by catcomsys View Post
                                I have been successful in uninstalling with the provided script. I rebooted each machine and am still having problems pushing the reinstall back out to the clients. I have tested this locally on my systems with success. Now that I am running it on my client's machines it does not seem to be taking the re-installation of the previous version. Anyone else having this same problem?
                                What does seem to be working at this point is the script under "Run Procedure" called "Install Comodo Client Security". If you run the "Install or Update Packages" choose "Install Additional Comodo Packages"..... that does not work.

Comment

Working...
                                X