Upgrade CCS from EM device list, help?

Hello everyone,

So i’m trying to upgrade a couple of endpoints CCS from 11.1.0.7229 to 11.2.2.7373 with “update additional packages” in EndpointManager device list. I select “Update Comodo Client Security” and expect it to eventually update.
Checking AuditLog shows the below entry (unfortunately, it never seems to update…) Help?

</td>
		<td>  			 			Current version of Comodo Client - Security on device: 11.1.0.7229

</td>
		<td>  			 			Version of Comodo Client - Security: 11.2.2.7373

</td>
		<td>  			 			 			Reboot Message: Your device will reboot in 5 minutes because it's required by your administrator
		Reboot type: Force the reboot
		Timeout: 300 second(s)

</td>
		<td> </td>
		<td> </td>
	</tr>

Sometimes you will find that CCC will not pick up the command for various reasons and a reboot of the machine will make it clear any issues with the OS or CCC so it can run the supplied command.

@MagicDonut ,

Have you attempted to restart one of the machines and confirm if the update completes? If not, please push a reboot from the EM portal on the specific device you have tried updating CCS and observe how long would the command take effect on the device.

both machines received the reboot command successfully and rebooted in 1 min as selected in EM. Unfortunately, they still do not complete or follow the order to update CCS from EM…

The Communication client is set default to 6a daily, while Endpoint security is set default to 7a daily. Also, I have “Latest / 7373” selected… so i’m stumped. Ty for suggestions

@MagicDonut ,

We will assist you in reviewing the issue and its root cause. We have created a support ticket on your behalf to escalate your issue as soon as possible. Please check your forum registered email at your convenience.

Thank you Jimmy & team for assisting.
Ultimately, the cause:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DriverSearching]
“SearchOrderConfig”=dword:00000001 <–this entry was a 3, which purposefully disabled windows driver updates. Unfortunatley, this being a 3 broke system restore, which is required to update Comodo client security (endpoint). Reverting it to 1 allowed system restore to function, which allows Comodo to update.

Under configuration templates > procedures, create a script and paste the following:

Key= "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DriverSearching"
Sub_Key= "SearchOrderConfig"
Field= "REG_DWORD"
value = "1"

import os;
import ctypes
class disable_file_system_redirection:
    _disable = ctypes.windll.kernel32.Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection
    _revert = ctypes.windll.kernel32.Wow64RevertWow64FsRedirection
    def __enter__(self):
        self.old_value = ctypes.c_long()
        self.success = self._disable(ctypes.byref(self.old_value))
    def __exit__(self, type, value, traceback):
        if self.success:
            self._revert(self.old_value)
with disable_file_system_redirection():
    set=os.popen('REG Add '+Key +' /v ' + Sub_Key +' /t ' + Field +' /d ' +value +' /f').read();
    print(set);

Then you can call on it to run per endpoint via “run procedure”.

Now, install or update packages > update additional packages > “update comodo client security”. this will auto-reboot the endpoint/client once upgraded.

Next–if anyone knows a method with which to call on endpoints to update via script, i’m all ears (or eyes) thank you!

Next–if anyone knows a method with which to call on endpoints to update via script, i’m all ears (or eyes) thank you!

Feel free to check this script @MagicDonut if it meets your needs.