Strange contained comodo exe !?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange contained comodo exe !?

I Am I the only one who have files like C:\ProgramData\Comodo\Cis\tempscrpt\C_cmd.exe_741E A2FAA25CB0***17E539C7045EADF.bat that pops up regularly on users computers as contained ? is it something standard from the Comodo Endpoint that we could consider as false positive and put in exclusion list ?

Hi rbo,

We need to rate the file "C_cmd.exe_741E A2FAA25CB0***17E539C7045EADF.bat" as Trusted from EM Portal

Please follow the provided instructions

Step 1: EM Portal > SECURITY SUB-SYSTEMS > Containment and use the filter from the right for searching this file using:

Step 2: File name as C_cmd.exe_741E A2FAA25CB0***17E539C7045EADF.bat OR
    File path as C:\ProgramData\Comodo\Cis\tempscrpt\C_cmd.exe_741E A2FAA25CB0***17E539C7045EADF.bat

Step 3: Rate the file as "Trusted"

Please reach us if you still have any issues.

Kind Regards,
    PremJK

Comment

Hi, Thank you, for 1 time I was aware already about the solution, I was just asking support if this file was legitimate or not, your answer mean yes, so I manually trusted it. Question 2: is there a way to receive email notification when such activity occur on users computers, to be proactive ?

Comment

issue is back,

added

"C:\ProgramData\Comodo\Cis\tempscrpt\C_cmd.exe _*" in the list of trusted apps.

(Settings / System Templates / File groups variables / Trusted applications)

Comment

Hi rbo,

Please check your Inbox for a private message and follow the instructions provided. Please let us know if you still face an issue.

Kind Regards,
          PremJK

Comment

Hello rbo ,

About your second question:

Originally posted by rbo View Post
            Question 2: is there a way to receive email notification when such activity occur on users computers, to be proactive ?
            1- You can create a security events monitor with condition "Unknown application running inside container",
            2- Change alert settings of the monitor to be able to get notification email to desired email address(es)
            3- then put the monitor under Profiles -> {selected_profile] -> Monitors section.

This way, once an application is contained, you will be able to get notified once an application gets contained.

For more information, please check out https://community.itarian.com/help/t...s-Devices.html

Best regards,
            Ilgaz

Comment

Thank you,

configuration applied, monitoring configured !

Comment

Working...
              X