MAC OS remote control not working correctly

Hi All,

I’m getting issues with MAC OS when trying to connect it shows me just the wall paper of the mac and nothing else when i try to click on the top bar it does not work. Is this something you are aware of or a new issue… if so how can i resolve it as i’m having to rely on teamviewer to sort this out.

I’m having this issue as well

Solved the problem by going to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Enable Screen Recording by checking the box for Endpoint Manager

I always hated Mac but unfortunaly some clients of mine decided to buy them so I had to install the mac itarian client. 1) I noted how itarian features and scripts for the mac are limited 2) The remote control doesn’t work properly. The mouse does not respond. I can move it (the icon is a large old-looking arrow) but the click doesn’t work. As suggested I asked the users to change their security & Privacy but without big success (cmon is it really necessary involving the users in this settings???). I can now see the windows and not just the wall paper but the mouse still doesn’t work. Is it really so difficult to remote controll Macs? Anyone using succesfully itarian on Mac ? thanks

Hi @datalink,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We have created support ticket to investigate the issue.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Will there be support for Big Sur soon, we are finding that it isn’t working.

Will there be support for Big Sur soon, we are finding that it isn’t working.

Still and issue, still the solution :wink: … Couldn’t this be done while installation? :frowning:

ops …deleted

We shouldn’t have to manually add it in to the security preferences everytime there is a mac os update.

Anyone still having problems with Mac OS Remote Control ? I installed it on a Macbook Pro Retina 2012 with OS Catalina and gave all security permission requested. I can see the screen but I’m not able to remotly click on anything. Everytime I reboot the Mac, it keeps on asking for Accessibility permission to Remote Controll application even if it is already there.
Anydesk on the same machine works without problem.

Hi @datalink,

Sorry for the trouble caused. Our backend team has created a support ticket to investigate the issue.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

All of my macOS systems stopped showing as even being online and connected to the RMM let alone able to be remote controlled.

Nothing I can do will get them to show as online, or to enable remote control to them.

This is happening with Cataline, BigSur, and Monterey

Hi @root1,

Sorry for the delayed response. We have created support ticket #4606537 to investigate the issue and provide feedback.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

I received 252 email’s from that ticket bouncing through every department at Comdo multiple times :slight_smile:

Hi @root1,

I am extremely sorry for what happened. Will check with the backend team to know the root cause.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

I am having this exact same issue. I can manually watch the machine, and the click is registering and showing the menu on the actual display, but remotely nothing shows. Support asked for a screen shot. LOL…so a screen shot of nothing happening. Interesting. I am running a trial of this, and on both support tickets both asked for screen shots, but screen shots would not be beneficial for either of my questions. Is this typical? Is the support mainly from this forum?

Hi @foxbrooksolutions,

Sorry for the trouble caused. We have escalated the issue to the support team.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

1 Like

Will there be support for Big Sur soon?

Yes you need location and screen recording to be ebaled otherwise you will just see the wallpaper.

1 Like