Customer wants to use remote control.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dittoit View Post
    Me and StrobeTech have this working fine.
    We use dittoit as our Disaster, backup and recovery provider. We install Endpoint Manager on all our devices and grant them access via a user account in our portal which ties into Service Desk meaning they have access to the ticket information about restores and backup issues and then able to login to the servers to do anything required.

You need the following permissions to work (See attachments)
    permissions01.jpg

permissions02.jpg

permissions03.jpg

Once the permissions are done you need to make the correct selections in access scope to allow them on to the right company or group.
    Attached Files
    Robin
    Director
    Strobe Technologies Ltd
    https://www.strobe-it.co.uk/

Comment

OK guys, I must be missing something, I have set up the user I want to have access, through rmm users page, and set role management as stated in this forum. The user can not log in, I have tried their email address, I have tried the username that shows in the user management section, still tells me that the username or password is wrong. I even sent a password reset to the user, and they got it and changed that password, but still can not log in. I know I likely missed something simple, but do not know what it is. Thanks in advanced.

Comment

The login 'page' of the 'user' you created BOSS will depend on where you added it. Please refer to this wiki link as a guide.

If the 'user' was added through Management --> Staff, the login page is the same as the account admin (see step 3.1 in above link).

If the 'user' was added through the Endpoint Manager (EM) --> USERS --> User List, the login page is the EM server URL (see step 3.2 in above link).

Comment

Originally posted by Rick C View Post
          The login 'page' of the 'user' you created BOSS will depend on where you added it. Please refer to this wiki link as a guide.

If the 'user' was added through Management --> Staff, the login page is the same as the account admin (see step 3.1 in above link).

If the 'user' was added through the Endpoint Manager (EM) --> USERS --> User List, the login page is the EM server URL (see step 3.2 in above link).
          I tried it like you said, and I followed the link, and read all of that. It still does not work for me. First off, I set the user up through Endpoint manager, and as far as I can tell I have granted the only permissions I want them to have, that is remote access. When I toggle the remote access permission slider, it opens some others also, so I assume those are dependencies?? But, when I try to log in through the Endpoint Manager side of the Itarian remote control, when I put in the domain like you have suggested in the article, it says invalid domain. I can by pass that by typing in the whole domain, all the way through comodo.com, but still does not work. So, I guess I am back, trying to figure out what I have missed?? I even went to the website, using my full address for the xxxxxxxxxx-msp.cmdm.comodo.com, and try to log in. Then I get an error that says No Access Permissions. I have looked back through all the stuff, and thought I have followed the information correctly, but still can not get it to work. Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick C View Post

OK, I think I finally got it, the very bottom to allow user access to sign into the portal. I did not really want them to sign into the portal, just mainly use the remote control app. I am getting closer, and will likely get it figured out now. Sorry, I missed that one setting, as I figured I had missed something. Thanks.

Comment

Sorry for not coming back sooner.
              I believe portal and remote control is the same permission for login.

Hope all works for you now.
              Robin
              Director
              Strobe Technologies Ltd
              https://www.strobe-it.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by StrobeTech View Post
                Sorry for not coming back sooner.
                I believe portal and remote control is the same permission for login.

Hope all works for you now.
                I got it sorted out, thanks!! It was that one setting, that I had missed, that's usually what happens, I usually miss something!!

Comment

It seems that after the last update. the customer that was logging in can not longer log in. I tried to remove two factor authentication, but the customers user is no longer in my staff page, and I can not see how to disable two factor authentication?? I guess I need to know how to remove the tfa, and know where the account went, so I can get the customer logging back in.

Comment

BOSS ,

You can check these settings to disable 2FA

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X