MacOS 10.13 client install error: "The Installation failed"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacOS 10.13 client install error: "The Installation failed"

Trying to get a client installed on a MacBook Pro with MacOS 10.13 installed, but the following error occurs:

An error occured during installation

The installation failed.

The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Itarian RMM MacOS fail.PNG
    Would appreciate some advice on how to find more logs and work out what is causing the error. (the user is remote so having remote access to the machine is very limited at the moment)

I am having the same issue I have raised a ticket will wait to see if I get a response back
    Tried to check the log files but nothing jumpped out at me

Comment

After having contact from Tech support, they sent me the following instructions and now all seems to be working just fine
      APN is not configured on the Itarian portal.

For more information kindly go through the below link
      https://help.comodo.com/topic-459-1-1005-14980-Add-Apple-Push-Notification-Certificate.html

Comment

Originally posted by techinfinity View Post
        After having contact from Tech support, they sent me the following instructions and now all seems to be working just fine
        APN is not configured on the Itarian portal.

For more information kindly go through the below link
        https://help.comodo.com/topic-459-1-1005-14980-Add-Apple-Push-Notification-Certificate.html
        I have followed these directions and still get the same error message. Running 10.15.7

Comment

Hi ManFromMars,

Sorry for the issue. Please check your Inbox for private message and provide requested detail to create support ticket.
          Our back end team will investigate the issue.

Kind Regards,
          PremJK

Comment

Originally posted by PremJkumar View Post
            Hi ManFromMars,

Sorry for the issue. Please check your Inbox for private message and provide requested detail to create support ticket.
            Our back end team will investigate the issue.

Kind Regards,
            PremJK

Upon investigation, I was able to get it working. If anyone else ever has this issue, I found the solution was to delete all existing MDM Profiles and try to re-install the ITarian profiles.

I'm was using Meraki first, and installed Prey, and tried to use ITarian. Seems that you can't have all 3 installed.

I think last night before I passed out, I had Meraki and Prey working together. Thankfully ITarian doesn't seem to conflict with Sophos Home.

(It's a computer for my son, so I I was trying to really cover my bases with MDMs.)

Comment

Hi ManFromMars,

Thanks for informing. Glad that issue has been resolved.
              Please reach us, if you have any other issues.

Kind Regards,
              PremJK

Comment

Originally posted by PremJkumar View Post
                PremJK
                I am still having an issue with OSX Big Sur BigSur 11.0.1 device so I will create a ticket now.

The error was:

I am attempting to install ITarian Communication Client 6.38.39211.20090 I get:

"The installation failed."

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 10.34.56 PM.png
                Last edited by ManFromMars; 11-17-2020, 05:24 PM. Reason: adding details for anyone else who is searching

Comment

Hello ManFromMars ,

MacOS 11 will be fully supported at the end of 2020.

Best regards,
                  Ilgaz

Comment

Working...
                  X