2fa deactivation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2fa deactivation

I have a technician that needs remote access to just one machine only.. I know I can achieve this by creating a tech account and limiting them to a single group/endpoint with roles.

but I've hit a problem..

This particular tech doesnt have access to the google 2fa authenticator app.. Is there a way to disable 2fa authentication for a single user??

Pretty sure one of the platform updates this year made 2FA mandatory.

Comment

Yeah I think you're correct.. the docs say for those with 50+ endpoints it's mandatory but just wondered if there was some way around it if the user had less.

Comment

Hello Ed_Johnson ,

Deactivation of 2FA is possible when the account has less than 50 devices enrolled. You can navigate to Management -> Account, then open Account Security Details tab and deselect "Enable Two Factor Authentication" checkbox and click "Save Changes" button.

Screenshot_30.png

Best regards,
        Ilgaz

Comment

Hi thanks for that. we have more than 50 endpoints but I was wondering if 2fa could be deactivated on a user/staff level rather than an account level as the user only has access to one endpoint. It looks like that isnt possible but thanks for the response.

Comment

Hi, I know this is an older post.
            But I wonder how I can get OTP disabled after my device with the authy got stolen. This means, I cannot access the whole account at all.
            I can only write to support, correct?

Comment

Hi elevenelks,

We have created a support ticket for the issue.

Kind Regards,
              PremJK

Comment

Working...
              X