One installer for all new clients?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One installer for all new clients?

Is it possible to have one install agent software for all new devices? It's pretty tedious having to log into the portal and select "Enroll Device" and copy and paste that link or download that specific install and run it on every new device.

What I'm looking for is something like:

Download file: https://someURLonMYwebserver.com/MYc...OMODOagent.exe
    Then run it silently on command line: MYcustomCOMODOagent.exe /s

Originally posted by sunshinetp View Post
    Is it possible to have one install agent software for all new devices? It's pretty tedious having to log into the portal and select "Enroll Device" and copy and paste that link or download that specific install and run it on every new device.

What I'm looking for is something like:

Download file: https://someURLonMYwebserver.com/MYc...OMODOagent.exe
    Then run it silently on command line: MYcustomCOMODOagent.exe /s
    Hi, this is normal for most RMM as agents are setup for customers/groups or single one off systems.

Select the bulk installer, have at least one "generic" default group enabled and once deployed it is fairly easy to move systems between that and your customer setup.

I keep most of my customer installers on a personal keyring usb just for adhock onsite installs, but also have them on a simple web site for easy access for both myself and for new onboarding as required.

Same as what you suggest www.mysite/agent.exe

All others are deployed server/gpo setup.

mcfproservices

Comment

Originally posted by mcfproservices View Post

Hi, this is normal for most RMM as agents are setup for customers/groups or single one off systems.

Select the bulk installer, have at least one "generic" default group enabled and once deployed it is fairly easy to move systems between that and your customer setup.

I keep most of my customer installers on a personal keyring usb just for adhock onsite installs, but also have them on a simple web site for easy access for both myself and for new onboarding as required.

mcfproservices
      Bulk Installer wants to download the ADDT tool which appears to allow you to remotely install the agent. I'd like to just grab an executable once for CompanyA and keep installing it for all CompanyA's new PCs. I don't mind creating an executable for each customer if that's possible?

Comment

Sorry, I should have explained better.

Choose the BULK installer you then create as per customer/company, in your case call it CompanyA

You can then use that for every new system per CompanyA

I have created the bulk installer for each company, so they are held in a folder/website/server and usb stick for usage anywhere if needed.

But at each customer site is held only the installer for that company.

I also have one generic default one I can use, then afterwards I can move the device to whatever customer group I need.
        Handy for ad hock onboarding for new users as can add a device first then create the customer a bit later.

mcfproservices

Comment

If you go to:

Endpoint Manager >> Bulk Installation Package

Then fill out User, Customer, and Device Group, Platform.

Then click on Download button.

A popup appears that says "Auto Discovery and Deployment Tool" with an option for Download.

Do you just X (close) that dialog box and grap the .msi that was generated?

Comment

Hello sunshinetp ,

Auto Discovery and Deployment Tool discovers all endpoints on your network or Active Directory, and deploys the bulk installation package to found endpoints. You do not need to use this tool but it makes it easier to deploy all your endpoints at once. Please find details about enrollment methods below.

https://help.comodo.com/topic-399-1-...f-Devices.html

If you have any other question, I would be more than happy to answer.

Best regards,
            Ilgaz

Comment

So I downloaded the .MSI file produced by the bulk download page and made sure to select customer, user, etc.. Then did a silent install and it did install but on reboot I get a dialog box asking for token and port. Shouldn't the bulk installer have this info?

The silent install was done like this:

msiexec.exe /qn /norestart comodo-installer.msi

Any other ideas?
              Last edited by sunshinetp; 12-29-2020, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfproservices View Post

mcfproservices
                When you install those customer installs from the personal keyring, does the agent popup a window asking for you to provide a token, host, and port?

Comment

Here's the answer in case anyone else is looking. You cannot have a permanent install per customer because the token expires every 90 days. So even if you set up GPO you will have to manually log into the Comodo/Itarian portal and redownload a new version of the bulk installer and update your GPO settings or else every new install after that 90 days will begin asking for token, host, and port. Same with storing these custom installs on a USB. What's the point to have it on a USB when it will expire in 90 days anyway.

For what it's worth, I'm not sure about other RMM's but Kaseya had a custom link / install per customer that never expired and made it super easy to deploy agents.

FYI.

Thanks to those who responded.

Comment

Working...
                  X