X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zenmsp
    started a topic SSL errors instead of block message

SSL errors instead of block message

We had some big confusion with sites that were being blocked because instead of displaying a "this site is blocked" message, instead we are getting a SSL error saying the certificate authority is invalid.
    When checking the cert, it shows the authority as commodo.com.br, so presumably DOME is replacing the original ssl cert with its own.

• msp_security
    replied
    It works. For youtube.com, twitter.com. But, for some reason not for facebook.com.

Leave a comment:

• zenmsp
    replied
    This seems rather odd that a workaround is required for https pages, since this is now the standard requirement for all websites.

Leave a comment:

• Anna C
    replied
    Hello msp_security,

Regarding with the SSL error, please download the certificate from "Block Pages > Download Certificate " tab and install it. And it will be able to display our block page on HTTPS sites.

You may also check this help guide link for more information: https://help.comodo.com/topic-434-1-...ock-Pages.html

Please let us know the results. Looking forward for a positive outcome.

Thank you for your patience.

Leave a comment:

• msp_security
    replied
    I have also noticed this both in Comodo Dome Shield and in Comodo Dome Firewall Appliance. If I block certain category, like Streaming media in this example (see attached picture) instead of Domain Blocked notification I am getting Your connection is not private message which can confuse customers since it suggests that someone is listening on their traffic.

I have noticed this for Streaming media and for Social networking categories.

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy
    replied
    zenmsp ,

We thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have created a support ticket to investigate this issue as soon as possible. Please check your forum registered email at your convenience.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X