This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Control Application Outage

I am experiencing outages with my Remote Control by Itarian application. I have tried on multiple computers and called into Comodo Itarian MSP Support (Philippines - 'Damon') and they said it has been having issues for the last 24 hours. I am only able to connect for a few minutes and then it disconnects. It has kept doing this for the past 8 hours today. The computers show up fine in the Comodo Portal website but on the Remote Control application, they just flash from Grey to Blue with a Green Checkmark. Off & On. Note I am in the United States, PST time zone. I have also referenced this link but it is not accurate as the problem is the Remote Control app, not the Comodo Portal. Once clicked page setting needs to be changed to the United States. (https://status.one.comodo.com/ui/#!/)

- Is anyone else experiencing this?

- I also wonder why this has not be posted as a bulletin or sticky by Comodo Itarian support so we can be aware of the issue since they stated they were aware of it already?

Note: Damon stated the Development Team is responsible for posting updates about outages and have not done so yet.

Hello markz
    The issue that you encountered with the Remote Control application has been reported much earlier and eventually resolved by itself at that time. Unfortunately, it did not stay that long.

Upon further investigation, the US-based XMPP servers, which serve as the 'facilitator' of the Remote Control app, suffered an outage. Most, if not all, of the US-hosted C1 /ITarian users experienced the intermittent connection with the Remote Control app. The team has already performed remediation steps to address the situation.

For now, it is suggested to re-log in to the Remote Control application before making further attempts to remotely connect to the managed endpoints.

Comment

seems like in the recent hours it's gotten worse just fyi, please update when you can, thank you.

Restarting Desktop ITSM app and launching from ITSM portal and running procedure for restarting Communications client doesn't make any difference in terms of being able to successfully connect, just wanted to report my findings.

Comment

Hi azon2111 ,

Thank you for informing us about your findings with this case. We will inform our Developers and we will email you with updates as soon as possible.

Comment

Same here, blue icons every where in the portal.
          James Dyke.
          Director BCDR Solutions
          BCDR.Solutions
          Backup, Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity.

Comment

Hi dittoit ,

Thank you for your feedback. We have escalated this case to our back end team and we'll get back to you as soon we have updates.

Comment

Hi markz, azon2111 and dittoit,

Development team has advised that issue with CRC has been resolved. We have increased resources to avoid such kind of issues in future.

Comment

Raymond Co Jordan C Rick C

For the future can once a system-wide issue is occurring like this, can we please get a bulleting, announcement, or sticky put on the home page of the forum so we are aware of issues?

​​​​​​​
                This would be a great service to your customers like myself so that we can plan ahead or at least be aware of the issue. It would also be great if you could allow us to post feedback so you can get a sense of how many clients it is affecting as well. Having us to notify your team of an issue once you are aware of it and leave us in the dark makes we wary of using the service.

I appreciate your time & due diligence so please update us as best as possible when site-wide/system-wide issues occur.

Thank you.

Comment

TO: Comodo / Itarian Staff or any of the following persons Raymond Co Jordan C Rick C

Can an announcement, sticky, or header post on the forum be placed for system-wide issues?

If I have posted this question in the wrong location and you feel it belongs in the "Your Voice Matters" section let me know as I can repost it to get a reply.

Comment

I believe we are suffering a system wide outage for US servers with XMPP servers again. It's completely down for us at this moment.

Comment

Hi azon2111
                      We have already reached out to the backend team about this issue with the XMPP servers. We are still waiting for an update from them as of this posting.

Comment

Just an update here as I am not sure your side has heard but things are much more stable this AM (Eastern US) compared to 8 hours ago. Any updates as to why this keeps happening?

Tell the team thank you for us as all of us who use this platform as we depend on it each and every day to take care those that depend on us (MSPs / IT's alike), we appreciate them fixing it before our morning rush hours with our clients.

Comment

azon2111 ,

We thank you for sharing your comment. Rest assured that your valuable input had been received by our Developers who work on the Remote Tool side.

Comment

Originally posted by markz View Post
                            TO: Comodo / Itarian Staff or any of the following persons Raymond Co Jordan C Rick C

Can an announcement, sticky, or header post on the forum be placed for system-wide issues?

If I have posted this question in the wrong location and you feel it belongs in the "Your Voice Matters" section let me know as I can repost it to get a reply.
                            Hi Markz,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. We have created a new section "General Announcements".

As the description explains, here we will update known issues and temporary outages and estimated resolving time will be posted.

Please subscribe to this section, so that you will be notified whenever a new update is posted.

Kind Regards,
                            PremJK
                            Attached Files

Comment

still wont work at all, this is a complete mess

Comment

Working...
                              X