Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Script Requests - Itarian team will write the scripts for you :) for FREE.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the link on Script library:

https://forum.mspconsortium.com/foru...nds-via-python

As additional info, you can also run an existing script with below sample procedure:

Code:
    import subprocess;
    process=subprocess.Popen(["powershell","C:\\Users\\Stephen\\Desktop\\listlogfiles.ps1"],stdout=subprocess.PIPE);
    result=process.communicate()[0]
    print result
    We will also post this on library.

Comment

Hi rvargas12

Please use below sample script to execute your powershell scripts,

https://forum.mspconsortium.com/foru...l-script-files

Last edited by mkannan; 09-22-2016, 10:40 AM.

Comment

How about a script to remove certain software, like Teamviewer* or anything matching a regex string that is in Programs and Features?

Comment

Hello indieserve ,

Thank you for your request. We will get back to you with an update as soon as possible!

Comment

Originally posted by indieserve View Post
            How about a script to remove certain software, like Teamviewer* or anything matching a regex string that is in Programs and Features?
            Here it is: https://forum.mspconsortium.com/foru...dows-wmic-tool

Comment

There may be a regular way to do this in C1 without a script, but how can I pull a list of all of the software installed for a customer (ie so I can know what I need to remove that is not compliant with policy using the script helpfully created by my previous request).

Comment

Originally posted by indieserve View Post
                There may be a regular way to do this in C1 without a script, but how can I pull a list of all of the software installed for a customer (ie so I can know what I need to remove that is not compliant with policy using the script helpfully created by my previous request).
                Yes, we are baking it to the product as well but for now, you can use linked procedure to get it.

https://forum.mspconsortium.com/foru...ware-inventory

Comment

That's great! Thanks, where do the results show up? Will I have to check each workstation's individual Procedure log in ITSM or does it email me the results?

Comment

Hello indieserve ,

The results will be visible in the "Procedure Logs" section for each device.

Comment

Ok thanks, that's kind of what I thought. For that type of a script it's not the greatest, but perhaps there is a way to modify it to output the inventory to a share or something, either way that's fine just wanted to make sure I was in the right spot.

Comment

Maybe a Python script to allow those of us who don't speak Python to run scripts from other formats? CMD/VBS/PS1?

Comment

Hello PromptCare ,

You can use Powershell and CMD commands inside Python. Could you please let us know specifically what you need ? We do have a team who can create Python scripts for you on demand if you let us know exactly what the script should do for you. You simply have to request it (example: I want a script that would uninstall adobe reader from a device)
                          If we misunderstood the request, please let us know.

Comment

Among other things, I've got a lengthy Bat file (from one of the earlier scripts to this forum) that I would like to run periodically on systems. I just think it would be helpful to have a general template so that I can plug in those other formats into the Python script.

Comment

PromptCare

Hello,

Please provide additional details about how the template should look and if possible some examples from your bat file (at least what it should do), we could sue it as reference when creating the template.

Comment

Knowing nothing about Python, I'm just going to make it up but something like:

Code:
                                Python code Python code Python code Python code

----insert BAT/VBS/PS1 here----
                                @echo Put your own script here
                                ----end of BAT/VBS/PS1-------

Python code Python code Python code Python code Python code

Comment

Working...
                                X