Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Script Requests - Itarian team will write the scripts for you :) for FREE.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Team,

Can you please help me with a script to enable "Password Never Expire" on a specific local user account on the workstation.
    Thanks in advance.

Rishi

Comment

• Hi pledgetech

we will analyse your request and update you once the script has been completed.

Thank you

Comment

• Hi pledgetech

I have completed your script request.Please refer the below script link.

https://scripts.comodo.com/frontend/web/topic/to-enable-password-never-expire-on-a-specific-local-user-account-on-the-workstation

Let us know Your feedback

Thank you
        Last edited by Prabakaran; 05-13-2018, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• I'm looking for a script that will create a directory, download a batch file to that directory, then run that batch file. I see scripts for all those needs but how can I join them in one script? Its needed for new systems that are onboarded. The batch file also has its own mkdir and cURL commands.
        Last edited by sege5641@msn.com; 05-13-2018, 03:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sege5641@msn.com View Post
          I'm looking for a script that will create a directory, download a batch file to that directory, then run that batch file. I see scripts for all those needs but how can I join them in one script? Its needed for new systems that are onboarded. The batch file also has its own mkdir and cURL commands.
          It would almost be better if I could past multi line commands in the script. That way I wouldn't need to run a batch file. My main problem is just creating scripts that run in native windows command. I know nothing about Python.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prabakaran View Post
            Hi pledgetech

I have completed your script request.Please refer the below script link.

https://scripts.comodo.com/backend/w...he-workstation

Let us know Your feedback

Thank you
            Hello pledgetech,

If you were unable to access the link provided by Prabakaran , you may access the script using the link below.

https://scripts.comodo.com/frontend/...he-workstation

Comment

• Hai sege5641@msn.com ,

We will analyze your request and update you once its completed.

Thank You

Comment

I'm looking for a script that will create a directory, download a batch file to that directory, then run that batch file. I see scripts for all those needs but how can I join them in one script? Its needed for new systems that are onboarded. The batch file also has its own mkdir and cURL commands.
                Hai sege5641@msn.com ,

Please refer the following link that will create a directory and download the batch file to that directory and executes it https://scripts.comodo.com/frontend/...e-the-bat-file .

Please Provide your feedback

Thank You,

Comment

It would almost be better if I could past multi line commands in the script. That way I wouldn't need to run a batch file. My main problem is just creating scripts that run in native windows command. I know nothing about Python.
                  Hai sege5641@msn.com ,

Regarding this query the best way to pass multiple command lines in python script is indeed through an bat file. A BAT file can be created that contains the list of commands to be executed line by line.When the bat file is executed by the python script list of commands in bat file will be executed in turn.

Please refer this following script link where the user have to input only the list of Windows command to be executed the script will in turn will created a consolidated single bat file containing all the commands and executes it one by one https://scripts.comodo.com/frontend/...the-batch-file .

Please Provide your feedback.

Thank You.

Comment

• Have a nice day,
                    There is a procedure called "Reboot the Windows if Up-time is more specific than the specific number of days" and it is very useful for us.
                    but restarts the computers immediately without asking the user. When we run this procedure, we can enable the user to choose when to restart?

sample:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_5.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	25506

İyi günler,
                    "Reboot the Windows if Up-time is more than the specific number of days" adında bir procedur bulunmakta ve çok işimize yarıyor.
                    fakat bilgisayarları kullanıcıya sormadan hemen restart ediyor. Bu procedur'u çalıştırdığımızda ne zaman restart olacağını kullanıcının seçmesini sağlayabilir miyiz?

Comment

• Hi korozo

We are glad to help you here.we will update you with the script soon.

Thank you

Comment

• hi@korozo

This is about the restart time popup that you asked for. i am afraid that we cannot create a popup because the script runs as an system user.If we run the script as a system user UI will be in disabled state. So we have come up with alternate solution, we have given "restart time" separately on the script. You can manually mention the time to restart in script and you can run the script.

# t='2:23:45' ## provide the time of delay for the restart, make sure that time is given in this format(HH:MM:SS).

Refer the script in the following link: https://scripts.comodo.com/frontend/...number-of-days

I can also suggest another script.

->Custom pop up message with timeout setting

This will run as logged in user.
                        This script works the same way as the previous script but the time to restart will be shown as a popup with a message that "Please leave your computer from 1PM to 2PM, We need to do some maintenance activities" and in that mean time the restart will be done.

Refer the following link: https://scripts.comodo.com/frontend/...imeout-setting

Please provide us your valuable feedback,

Thank you.

Comment

• It would be best to have a single script to:
                          1. Create the user account (if doesn't exist)
                          2. Add it to the Local Administrator Account.
                          3. Set the password never expire.

NOTE:
                          option= '3' # provide option for selecting the operation to perform
                          #option 1: For creating user provide the uN and pwd
                          #option 2: For make custom user account to custom administrator user account
                          #option 3: to enable "Password Never Expire" on a specific local user account on the workstation

uN = "xxx" #please provide the user name
                          pwd= 'yyy' # please provide the password

Hi pledgetech

I have completed the script which you have requested.Please refer the below JSON file.

20180516-Script-to-configure-the-local-account.json

It is working fine in all windows and server platform.
                          Let me know your feedback.

Thank you
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Prabakaran; 05-16-2018, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• pledgetech
                            pledgetech commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hi Prabakaran, thank you for your efforts. I understand that this script contains all three steps that I mentioned. However, it requires us to change the value from 1, 2 or 3 depending on our need. Instead, I was looking for something very simple to say: Do all three, create a user, add it to local admin group, and set the password to never expire. That way I don't have to keep modifying the script every time before I run it.

So instead of using conditional check for value if 1, do this elseif 2, do this.. I'm more looking for something like do all three steps and finish.

Is that Possible?

• Prabakaran
                            Prabakaran commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hi @pledgetech

Ya sure, I will modify and update you shortly

Thank you

• Is there a script or can it be created that will disable the ability for an end user to run windows updates on their computer?
                          Thanks in advance,
                          MIke

Comment

• reinamsp ,

We have a procedure to Disable Windows Updates. Please note that users with Admin access can override Disabled Windows Updates

Comment

Working...
                            X