Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Script Requests - Itarian team will write the scripts for you :) for FREE.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hello boxcomrob

    So, now you just want to reverse the happened operation or our script should has capable of adding this key in 32-bit machine also as you have done it for 64-bit? If so, I can place a variable at top of the script if it is 0, it will add the key. If it is 1, it will delete that key. Is that ok?

    Waiting for your response.

    Thank you.

    Comment


    • That is fine, setting it to 0 will work ok.

      I do not know the path of the registry key for a 32 bit system as I don't have any here to test it on. According to a Microsoft KB article, it should be:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{337F2FA0-0AB9-4605-9B83-9640E59BB3AC}

      Comment


      • Yes, Exactly. It's correct we do know this. So, what is your exact need now? How flexible or generic you want to have this script?

        Comment


        • The script is fine as it currently is, I have tested the code that I posted above and it works fine so I just wanted to have it listed in your directory now if that is ok?

          Comment


          • Here you go :
            https://scripts.comodo.com/frontend/...registry-value

            Please do take advantage in our scripts heap.
            Thank you.

            Comment


            • I would like a script that will disable the saving of passwords, forms, etc. for all browsers. It should clear out saved information as well. It would also be nice to have one that enables this feature in all browswers.

              Comment


              • bob.kehr@kehrtech.com,

                We have forwarded your request to our Script Developers. We'll provide you an update with their result as soon as possible.

                Comment


                • Hello C1 and community,

                  I am wondering if you could help me with a simple cleaning script which just calls a binary to clean with several arguments. I'm having no issues executing it, but the timing of execution turns out to be tricky in this case. The binary is currently called as the logged in user because it, like many other free cleanup tools, likes to be run with the very userprofile and user reg hive that it's cleaning. I am successfully doing this using the powershell script wrapper here : https://scripts.comodo.com/frontend/...ershell-script

                  My powershell script simply executes this binary with the arguments after checking for the binary's existence. Let me know if you'd like me to put it in some code blocks though I doubt it will be helpful in the scope of the request.

                  I'm having difficulty picking a time during which all users might be logged in during a day, and the users are having trouble dealing with sigterm'd browsers during the workday. So I thought I'd ask the community and script development teams what they suggest I do.

                  In short :
                  • I want execute a binary with a long series of arguments somewhat reliably as a user.
                  • I want this procedure to run sometime at or just after user login, as the user logging in.
                  • I want to orchestrate the execution with C1 as opposed to writing it out to a file scheduling with other mechanisms.

                  This is my first post in a forum in quite some time; my apologies for any missing info or forum faux pas. All guidance offered is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time!

                  Respectfully,

                  nadmin

                  Comment


                  • AITP/Nadmin ,

                    We have forwarded your request to our Script Developers. We'll provide you an output of their feedback as soon as possible.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bob.kehr@kehrtech.com View Post
                      I would like a script that will disable the saving of passwords, forms, etc. for all browsers. It should clear out saved information as well. It would also be nice to have one that enables this feature in all browswers.
                      Hello bob.kehr@kehrtech.com

                      Due to some default changes in the modern browsers and unattended generic methods, i would like to display the reason why it is not possible to achieve your request via script.

                      Modern browsers implement integrated password management: when the user enters a username and password for a site, the browser offers to remember it for the user. When the user visits the site again, the browser autofills the login fields with the stored values.

                      Additionally, the browser enables the user to choose a master password that the browser will use to encrypt stored login details.

                      Even without a master password, in-browser password management is generally seen as a net gain for security. Since users do not have to remember passwords that the browser stores for them, they are able to choose stronger passwords than they would otherwise.

                      For this reason, many modern browsers do not support autocomplete="off" for login fields:

                      If a site sets autocomplete="off" for a <form>, and the form includes username and password input fields, then the browser will still offer to remember this login, and if the user agrees, the browser will autofill those fields the next time the user visits the page.
                      If a site sets autocomplete="off" for username and password <input> fields, then the browser will still offer to remember this login, and if the user agrees, the browser will autofill those fields the next time the user visits the page.

                      Thank you.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by AITP/Nadmin View Post
                        Hello C1 and community,

                        I am wondering if you could help me with a simple cleaning script which just calls a binary to clean with several arguments. I'm having no issues executing it, but the timing of execution turns out to be tricky in this case. The binary is currently called as the logged in user because it, like many other free cleanup tools, likes to be run with the very userprofile and user reg hive that it's cleaning. I am successfully doing this using the powershell script wrapper here : https://scripts.comodo.com/frontend/...ershell-script

                        My powershell script simply executes this binary with the arguments after checking for the binary's existence. Let me know if you'd like me to put it in some code blocks though I doubt it will be helpful in the scope of the request.

                        I'm having difficulty picking a time during which all users might be logged in during a day, and the users are having trouble dealing with sigterm'd browsers during the workday. So I thought I'd ask the community and script development teams what they suggest I do.

                        In short :
                        • I want execute a binary with a long series of arguments somewhat reliably as a user.
                        • I want this procedure to run sometime at or just after user login, as the user logging in.
                        • I want to orchestrate the execution with C1 as opposed to writing it out to a file scheduling with other mechanisms.

                        This is my first post in a forum in quite some time; my apologies for any missing info or forum faux pas. All guidance offered is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time!

                        Respectfully,

                        nadmin
                        Hi AITP/Nadmin

                        Here is the json file for the script. It will task a schedule that will run the entered powershell file when user logged on.
                        20180824-Cleaning_schedule.json

                        Please refer the link how to import json script file:
                        https://wiki.comodo.com/frontend/web...and-execute-it

                        As of now we don't have monitoring user logon feature. So, that via script it's doable.
                        Thank you.

                        Comment


                        • AITP/Nadmin
                          AITP/Nadmin commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Aravind pandi,
                          Thank you very much! This will work very well for my purposes. You guys are awesome!

                          I have added a line in my powershell code to delete the scheduled task after the cleaning, otherwise subsequent runs of the procedure against systems return the SchTasks.exe duplicate prompt and hang procedurerunner while it waits for input. Something like : Unregister-ScheduledTask -TaskName Powershell -Confirm:$false (using the example code which you wrote). While i was trying to figure this out, I thought of a question I wanted to ask you.

                          Since this script can be run as the system account, and uses task scheduler to orchestrate the execution; Is there any way that you could expand upon the excellent script you wrote me to include a second powershell script which executes in a different folder, as the system user, when the procedure is executed?

                          To clarify, could you modify this script to :
                          -Write two powershell files, who's scripts are encapsulated in the delivered python, to two different paths (['TEMP'] and ['PROGRAMDATA'])
                          -Schedule one encapsulated powershell script for execution on user login (as is elegantly done in your previous example)
                          -Execute one encapsulated powershell script using the current procedurerunner and security context (as is done in the https://scripts.comodo.com/frontend/...ershell-script example)

                          Thanks again Aravind!

                      • Hi,

                        I would like to request a script that deletes files and folders that are older than 2 days ( maybe i can adjust the age of files) from a folder of my choosing.

                        for example i have a folder C:\TEST1\FOLDER

                        I would like for this script to go into C:\TEST1\FOLDER and delete anything here that is older than 2 days.
                        Last edited by damianbsi; 08-24-2018, 09:10 PM.

                        Comment


                        • damianbsi ,

                          You can utilize this script procedure https://scripts.comodo.com/frontend/...r-than-30-days. please modify path and number of days.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                            damianbsi ,

                            You can utilize this script procedure https://scripts.comodo.com/frontend/...r-than-30-days. please modify path and number of days.
                            Thank you for fast response time Jimmy

                            Comment


                            • Hello AITP/Nadmin

                              Happy to see you satisfied. Thanks for your cheeriness responses.

                              Upon modification, So scripts should do followings :
                              • Should allow you to create two different powershell scripts in two different directories. Two are same scripts or different?
                              • If it is different, which one you want to schedule? and which one you want to run as normal and when it should run after scheduling one powershell script?
                              • If it is same, one powershell will be scheduled and when should another one execute after done scheduling with other?
                              Please advise with all requested content. The script will be on your hand very soon.

                              Thank you once again.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X