Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Script Requests - Itarian team will write the scripts for you :) for FREE.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nnsit View Post
    NEW REQUEST: Can you please write a script to disable Peer to Peer updates in Windows 10?

NEW REQUEST: Can you please write a script to disable SuperFectch service in Windows 10?
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SYSTEM / CurrentControlSet / Control / Session Manager / MemoryManagement / PrefetchParameters set EnableSuperfecth = 0

NEW REQUEST: Can you please write a script to disable PreFectcher service in Windows 10?
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SYSTEM / CurrentControlSet / Control / Session Manager / MemoryManagement / PrefetchParameters set EnablePrefetcher = 0

NEW REQUEST: Can you please write a script to disable Windows Tips?
    “Start -> Settings -> System -> Notification & actions”. Turn off “Show me tips about Windows.”

NEW REQUEST: Can you please write a script to set "Let Apps Run in Background" on Windows 10 to OFF ? (Settings > Privacy > background Apps)

For my purposes, these can be separate scripts or all in one.

Thanks!!

Please see attached procedures.

Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks, I will try them out.

Comment

• Hello Can I have a script to enable Regback again in windows 10 please?
        REG_DWORD registry entry at HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Configuration Manager\EnablePeriodicBackup and assigning it a value of 1.

Also if I can have a script to run a scheduled task manually for RegIdleBackup task to manage subsequent backups with the task information being stored within the Microsoft\Windows\Registry

Many thanks.

Comment

• pcbuddy247 ,

We have an existing script to set the registry values. Kindly refer to the following link.

https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend...registry-value

In order to run the procedure as a scheduled task in a profile, Kindly use the following wiki guide

https://wiki.itarian.com/frontend/we...in-the-profile

Comment

• pcbuddy247
            pcbuddy247 commented
            Editing a comment
            the registry script worked. I didn't mean to schedule this procedure. Instead i am looking to run a windows scheduled task if possible located in Microsoft\Windows\Registry scheduled task name RegIdleBackup

• Jay
            Jay commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello @pcbuddy247,

We will create a support ticket and we will contact you as soon as the script is ready to check.

KRegards,
            Jay

• Can I also please have a simple script to delete all content in specified folder please?

Comment

• Hi pcbuddy247, please check on this script to remove files from folder

Comment

• Hi,
            I would like to request a script to monitor 3 failed login attempts on a server.

Thanks,
            Eugene

Comment

• Hi ebellau, there is a script that generate an alert for an account failed to Logon. We have reached out to our scripts team to edit this or create a new script to suit your request. We will update you once we have additional information.

Comment

• Hello,

I recently subscribed to siportal for documentation. All that is needed to import data is to run a VBS script on a windows machine which they recommend having your RMM do. It doesn't look like there is a generic script for executing a VBS script locally. Can you please create that for me? The VBS script to execute is about 4200 lines or 270 KB. If it can be pasted directly into the python script that would be ideal to eliminate the need to copy the script file to every client. Thanks.

Comment

• Hello planit

We have created a new ticket for you. We have reached out to our scripts team to edit this or create a new script to suit your request. We will get back to you the soonest possible we can.

With best regards

Comment

• Hi Guys,

Any possibility of getting a script to rebuild the windows search index?

Comment

• Hi providingit
                      There is a batch file made available in the Microsoft Community Forums that may be able to address your concern. It is for a Windows 7 platform. If you need one for a different Windows version, you may need to do a bit of searching in there (or in the other parts of the Internet).

To deploy the batch file from the Endpoint Manager (EM), simply use (a clone of) the predefined procedure to 'Run a Batch File'.

Comment

• Hi Rick,

How do I specify the bat file to run within the "Run a batch file" procedure? - I am trying to rebuild the search indexes on 2 machines, one with access to shared network drives and one without access to shared drives.

Would it not be possible to invoke CMD through python and run the commands listed in your linked article sequentially thus eliminating the need for a bat file and tryin to get the bat file onto the PC's?
                        Last edited by Rick C; 07-18-2019, 09:34 PM. Reason: @providingit

Comment

• Rick C
                          Rick C commented
                          Editing a comment
                          providingit
                          In the 'Run a Batch File' script/procedure, it requires you to place the 'batch commands' inside the script.
                          So, the sample command in the procedure is 'ipconfig'. Simply replace that with the 'batch commands'. You need not worry of the 'batch commands' spanning multiple lines of code.

• Originally posted by providingit View Post
                        Hi Guys,

Any possibility of getting a script to rebuild the windows search index?
                        Hello providingit ,

It is possible,
                        We will communicate with you via support ticket for this request and we will keep you posted on its update.

Kregards,
                        Last edited by Jay; 07-18-2019, 07:59 AM.
                        Jay
                        ITarian Staff

Comment

• Hi,
                          I would like to submit a request that looks to see if an endpoint does not have Antivirus installed. It seems that the "Generate an alert if an endpoint has its antivirus disabled or no antivirus installed" generates a lot of white noise.

Thanks,
                          Eugene

Comment

Working...
                          X