Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Script Requests - Itarian team will write the scripts for you :) for FREE.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• script fails to run SFC scan and fails to send email
    see output below ( I confirmed sfc /scannow command runs correctly when executed in elevated command prompt on computer script was run on. )
    ------
    Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.

(554, '5.2.0 STOREDRV.Submission.Exception:InvalidRecipientsExc eption; Failed to process message due to a permanent exception with message Recipient "a" isn\'t resolved. All recipients must be resolved before a message can be submitted. InvalidRecipientsException: Recipient "a" isn\'t resolved. All recipients must be resolved before a message can be submitted. [Hostname=SN6PR0102MB3503.prod.exchangelabs.com]')
    -----------------------

Alternate smtp server is acceptable if Comodo SMTP API is a security concern.

Can you edit script to add parameters fields for smtp server name, server port, authentication required (yes/no), encryption type.

Is there anyway to encrypt smtp password once it has been entered into parameters.
    Last edited by FLPIT; 04-15-2020, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• PremJkumar

Understand about having us to provide a smtp server not really a big deal, the only issue is i can't change any of the field
      as you can see on the attached screenshot i can't change the xxxx@gmail.com address , if i click on the cross it delete it but won't let me save a new mail address to be used as sender.
      same issue for any field.

Regards.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	itarian.png
Views:	64
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	40734

Comment

• PremJkumar

Understand about having us to provide a smtp server not really a big deal, the only issue is i can't change any of the field
        as you can see on the attached screenshot i can't change the xxxx@gmail.com address , if i click on the cross it delete it but won't let me save a new mail address to be used as sender.
        same issue for any field.

Regards.

Name:	itarian.png
Views:	62
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	40736

Comment

• PremJkumar
          I think i got it on how to change configuration , need to change it in parameter before clicking on run, and then re approve,etc...
          Problem is i'm still getting an error when i try to run it

Code:

Traceback (most recent call last):   File "<string>", line 133, in <module>   File "<string>", line 114, in check1 ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '2020/ 1/ 6'
          Regards.

Comment

• Hi mattto and FLPIT,

Firstly, you need to add Email address in Possible items in the parameters. after that, it will show in the configure parameters

Name:	1.PNG
Views:	62
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	40740

Name:	2.PNG
Views:	58
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	40741

Kind Regards,
            PremJK

Comment

• Hi PremJkumar

Thanks i found out how to configure the mail address yesterday, but i'm still getting an error when i try to run the script.

Traceback (most recent call last): File "<string>", line 133, in <module> File "<string>", line 114, in check1 ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '2020/ 1/ 6' Regards.

Comment

• Hi mattto,

Our script developers have tested the script on multiple platforms. They didn't get any errors in our environment. Our script developers want to know if it's possible for the remote session to solve the issue.

Our script developers are available for remote session on next week between Mon-Fri (6.30AM to 1.30PM) GMT.

Kind Regards,
                PremJK

Comment

• Is there a script that I can use to schedule a nightly reboot the server and workstations at a certain time? I see one based on number of days up but just want a nightly reboot. Thanks

Comment

• Hi nolimitsol,

Thanks for your script request. We have asked our script developers to check and provide their feedback.

Kind Regards,
                    PremJK

Comment

• Hi nolimitsol,

Please check the script prepared by our script developers to suffice your needs and provide your feedback
                      https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend...-task-schedule

Kind Regards,
                      PremJK

Comment

• Hi PremJkumar

sure no problem, i'm on JST can you pickup a time that will match both of us and send me a private message so we can exchange contact detail.

Regards.

Comment

• Hi mattto,

Thank you so much. Our script developers are available this week from 2.30 pm to 10.30 pm JST.
                          please send me a private message of your available date and time.

Kind Regards,
                          PremJK

Comment

• Powershell and/or CMD with option to enter as parameter or field type when run on demand or scheduled.

Hi, just wondering if we can get a generic powershell procedure/script that we can input the command(s) or powershell script as a parameter, that can then be run on demand or scheduled.

That way we can run on systems, groups, what ever as needed, when needed, without redoing or cloning a existing procedure each time.
                            My idea is to have all my documented existing and future powershell scripts and commands available and simply copy and paste into the parameter field(s), YES more than one field would be nice, tick a box add another field, copy etc, then either just run it or schedule it.

Any common or frequently used scripts will be created and saved in my procedures library as normal however.

It also needs to work when the security client is installed, and not be blocked inside c:\programdata\cis\* or whatever stops it.

I'm aware we have the ability to use CMD/PS from remote tools but this is only suitable for one endpoint at a time and it needs to be actually online at the time.

Thanks

Now a little rant..

I don't believe the whole scripts setup is very user friendly as it takes too much time and effort to get some of them to work.(Status may say "success", BUT they don't actually work)
                            Some are due to my scripts but when run on the local machines at least I see the error messages about syntax or paths etc, running via procedures often do not indicate any errors, at this stage I cannot be confident of using them without a manual follow up.
                            One other rmm I use with another contractor does not suffer these issues and runs very smoothly, creating, importing and running them just work, with feedback and results.

I still have respect for and will continue to support Itarian and do see improvements each release but we are a bit behind in a lot of features, that said the remote control product has been very good and I use daily without any problems, well done.

Greg

Comment

• Hi mcfproservices,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Please check this script link to run PowerShell Script
                              https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend...ershell-script

Note: You need to provide your PowerShell script content in the parameter variable 'ps_content' as described in the link

Please check and provide your feedback.

Kind Regards,
                              PremJK

Comment

• Thnaks, but I already have that script.

What I was asking can you write a modified or custom script that allows for a parameter input - to enter the actual powershell line or ps script - that then gets processed when run either on demand or scheduled.

The parameter is the commands we simply paste or write in at the time we run it.

Greg

Comment

Working...
                                X