Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Script Requests - Itarian team will write the scripts for you :) for FREE.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi balldigy,

1. In order to check whether the endpoint is reachable or not, you can check that in endpoint manager itself ,if remote system is green then it is online and we can run the script ,if it grayed out then system is offline. It's not possible if you want to check only through IP ping since system is offline we cannot run the script itself to check .These grayed out itself indicates the system is unreachable at that point.

2.The software can be installed from shared repository and we cannot install as bulk in endpoint in a single script execution.We have to run the script separately for each endpoints.

3. We cannot send the merged email for processed and offline in single script execution. The email has to been send separately for each endpoints. Currently, we don't have the facility.

Kind Regards,
    PremJK

Comment

• Then is there a way to have a file copied form a network drive like shown below? The following is what I am hoping to achieve but I don't know the way I can put it into the Python scripting language:

1.) Script Start
      2.) pushd \\host\Share_Directory1\sub_Directory && copy File.exe %Programdata%\temp && popd
      3.) execute file.exe
      4.) produce error or successful script output into script execution log
      5.) Script End

Line #2 works fine if I am running this from the command line of the system I want to run it from. The command line is read as successive commands as soon as the previous command is completed. In essence, the command does:
      -create temporary connection to share a make that directory your current directory, then,
      -copy the file specified to the local Programdata\temp directory of the client system, then,
      -disconnect from that temporary share (i.e. popd)
      -execute file

Again, this all works as anticipated if run from the client machine.

Thanks.

Comment

• Using the ITarian provided Python script for mapping network drives, is it possible to add a state-less descriptive name for the newly mapped drive? The provided script works well with one exception - when a map is added to a read-only share, the displayed name is 'Disconnected Network Drive' even though the map is successful and the read-only drive is accessible... I believe that the default naming is a Windows process - it it could be declared when the script is executed AND be stateless, that would be AWESOME!

Comment

• Hi balldigy,

Thanks for the providing your feedback. We have shared it to our script developers to check.

Kind Regards,
          PremJK

Comment

• Hi jcook@atlassurveying.com,

Thanks for your request. Our script developers will investigate whether script is possible or not.
            We will update you here the feedback.

Kind Regards,
            PremJK

Comment

• Originally posted by jcook@atlassurveying.com View Post
              Using the ITarian provided Python script for mapping network drives, is it possible to add a state-less descriptive name for the newly mapped drive? The provided script works well with one exception - when a map is added to a read-only share, the displayed name is 'Disconnected Network Drive' even though the map is successful and the read-only drive is accessible... I believe that the default naming is a Windows process - it it could be declared when the script is executed AND be stateless, that would be AWESOME!
              Hi jcook@atlassurveying.com,

Can you please that python script you are referring to map network drives.

Kind Regards,
              PremJK

Comment

• Hi,
                We have approximately 150 users. We update the program at certain times.
                Our users are authorized because they are power users.
                Can I find a solution to copy all the files in \\ 10.10.10.10 \ abc \ share folder to C: \ programfiles \ abc \ folder on Client side
                will overwrite if there is the same.

Thanks.

Comment

• Hi balldigy,

Please try this script prepared by our script developers and provide your feedback
                  https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend...-network-share

Kind Regards,
                  PremJK
                  Last edited by PremJkumar; 09-30-2020, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• balldigy
                    balldigy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    PremJkumar, Do you have a way of providing a script that doesn't require a login of the user share? I really want to get to a point where I am using an anonymous login (or no login) to do the work of copying from a share and installing the executable from a Windows 10 machine. Thanks!

In addition, if I have to, I would not want to provide credentials in a script to execute that does not have the password that is cleartext.

Thanks.

• Hi remoteuser,

Thanks for your script request. We will share script here once script is ready.

Kind Regards,
                  PremJK

Comment

• Hi remoteuser,

Please try this script to copy folder from network share to device path
                    https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend...to-device-path

Kind Regards,
                    PremJK

Comment

• Hi balldigy,

Please check this updated script provided by our script developers and update us your feedback.
                      https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend...-network-share

Kind Regards,
                      PremJK

Comment

• Hi.
                        I use the Internet Speed Test script, to test my customers connection every morning.
                        The result is found in the script logs, but not in the email

Q. Is it possible to modify this script, so that....

1. The email includes this speed value.
                        2. The speed is an average of 3 consecutive tests.
                        3. Only email me. if the speed drops below a certain value (ie 20 Mbit/s)..... or is offline completely please ?

Many Thanks.
                        Last edited by originalscan; 10-12-2020, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• Hi originalscan,

Thanks for your script request. We have asked our script developers to analyze and provide update.

Kind Regards,
                          PremJK
                          Last edited by PremJkumar; 10-12-2020, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Hi originalscan,

Can you please confirm whether you need average of download speed or upload speed.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• originalscan
                              originalscan commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Primarily download speed please

• Hi originalscan,

Please try this script prepared by our script developers and provide your feedback
                            https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend...nsecutive-test

Kind Regards,
                            PremJK

Comment

Working...
                            X