Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Script Requests - Itarian team will write the scripts for you :) for FREE.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nsmedley View Post
    Thank you the scripts works but no email is coming thru.. including the log part.. tried both business and personal email accounts.. ANy ideas the issue.
    Hi nsmedley,

Sorry for delay reply. Please try this script prepared by our script developers and provide feedback
    https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend...il-output-file

Kind Regards,
    PremJK

Comment

• Hi,
      I need a script that will check when a patch is FIRST released, and then after X days, install the patch (OS or 3rd Party) accordingly. Do we have such a script, or can we write one, with I can set X and select the patch(es) to be installed accordingly?

Comment

• Hi farokh,

Thanks for your script request. We have asked our script developers to look your request and provide feedback.

Kind Regards,
        PremJK

Comment

• simple install printers script for xerox

Comment

• Hi esloan@shontoprep.org,

We have asked our script developers to check your script request and provide feedback.

Kind Regards,
            PremJK

Comment

• esloan@shontoprep.org
              esloan@shontoprep.org commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello PremJkumar, thank you from responding. I would be happy to connect with you remotely but Im not in office til Tuseday. Nov 03,2020.

• Hi farokh,

Our Script developers completed partial request in the script. The following script will show the list of available updates for the Applications. We can't able to install the updates because we don't know the direct download links for those updates.

Please use the following script as custom monitoring script
            https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend...n-is-available

Kind Regards,
            PremJK

Comment

• Please create a script that let's me set a registry value. There is currently a script in the template library, but it doesn't work. If there are any spaces in the value the script just combines everything into the key name without spaces.

For example, I want to set the value of the following key: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlS et\Services\W32Time\Parameters
              and the following value: NtpServer

Comment

• Hi RussKinch,

Our script developers analysed and found that the provided registry key is invalid. it has space which won't.

Invalid : Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlS et\Services\W32Time\Parameters
                Valid : Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlS et\Services\W32Time\Parameters

Note : If there are any spaces in the value the script just combines everything into the key name without spaces.

The existing script can create value with spaces too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	46
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	50162

Kind Regards,
                PremJK

Comment

• I found another registry script in the forum here and modified it so that I can set the section in the registry. This seems to be working.

## See here for information on possible values: https://docs.python.org/3/library/wi...hkey-constants
                  import _winreg
                  Section= _winreg.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ## Define the registry section here
                  Key= r"SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUp dat e\AU" ## Here give the registry Key path. STRING
                  Sub_Key= "NoAutoRebootWithLoggedOnUsers" ## Here give the name of the entry. STRING
                  Field= _winreg.REG_DWORD ##Here give the type of entry
                  value = 0 ##Here give the value for the entry

import os
                  from _winreg import *
                  try:
                  if not os.path.exists(Key):
                  key = _winreg.CreateKey(Section,Key)
                  Registrykey= OpenKey(Section,Key, 0,KEY_WRITE)
                  _winreg.SetValueEx(Registrykey,Sub_Key,0,Field,val ue)
                  CloseKey(Registrykey)
                  print "Successfully created"
                  except WindowsError:
                  print "Error"

Comment

• I think I'm all set now that I have a working script to set registry values. Thank you for your response.

Russ

Comment

• Script Request - OSX

Update hosts file at: /etc/hosts

Comment

• Hi ManFromMars,

We have asked our script developers to check and provide feedback whether script is possible or not.

Kind Regards,
                        PremJK

Comment

• Is there a script or report that can be pulled showing what units are missing patches?
                          (Other that the heads up notifications on the dashboard.)

Comment

• Originally posted by ManFromMars View Post
                            Script Request - OSX

Update hosts file at: /etc/hosts
                            Hi ManFromMars,

Please try this script "Update hosts file in MAC Device" and provide your feedback
                            https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend...-in-mac-device

Kind Regards,
                            PremJK

Comment

• Hi Bgibson236,

Please check this help guide to find missing patches and get those details in report
                              https://community.itarian.com/help/t...#gen_patch_rep

Kind Regards,
                              PremJK

Comment

• Bgibson236
                                Bgibson236 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Thanks. That is what I was looking for
                            Working...
                            X