Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Script Requests - Itarian team will write the scripts for you :) for FREE.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Itarian FAN,

We have asked our script developers to prepare MAC script for your request to Script to provide temporary administrator privilege and Script to change background.
    We will share script here once prepared by our developers.

Kind Regards,
    PremJK

Comment

• Itarian FAN
      Itarian FAN commented
      Editing a comment
      I noticed there is something different about the startup screen background and the User background in BigSur.. especially when you have more then on User. The background (Startup) in BigSur is so ugly...not sure if a script should different then...

• Originally posted by jdidone View Post

The script dont' work.

Stucks on "Checking for missed events....."
    Hi jdidone,

Our script developers want to know in which windows server version you are facing issue.

Kind Regards,
    PremJK

Comment

• jdidone
      jdidone commented
      Editing a comment
      I've tested in 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019

• I could use a MAC script that tells me what Apps do have permissions for ScreenRecording, FullDiskAcces and Accessibility in Preference, Privacy and permissions.
    So i can find devices that needs proper permissions to set
    Best Regards,

ITarian FAN

Comment

• A script for Mac that (checks for and) uninstall Garageband, iMovie, Numbers, Pages when a user without Amin privileges is logged in.

A lot off times i see these programs need a different iCloud account to install/update so it cannot be updated and mostly we don't need those.
      With that script i think it's also easy to add your own .App to uninstall unwanted applications when startup a macbook.

I noticed Macs which had a OneDrive update from 18.x to 20.x... It creates a subfolder Onedrive\onedrive.app in Application so some have 2versions off OneDrive installed. I want to autoremove them because after shutdown OneDrive it auto starts the wrong OneDrive which gives an error or/and a not logged in OneDrive is started.
      Last edited by Itarian FAN; 12-17-2020, 07:10 AM.
      Best Regards,

ITarian FAN

Comment

• Originally posted by Itarian FAN View Post
        Need a Mac script to give a user (temporary) administrator privileges. Maybe we need a second script to undo the temporary administrator privileges..
        Hi Itarian FAN,

Please try this MAC scripts prepared by our script developers to provide administrator privileges and revoke

Add Admin rights to the user
        https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend...es-to-the-user

Remove Admin rights to the user
        https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend...es-to-the-user

Click image for larger version

Name:	re_admin.PNG
Views:	62
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	55432
        Click image for larger version

Name:	add_admin.PNG
Views:	59
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	55442

Kind Regards,
        PremJK

Comment

• I could not find a script to set Adobe Acrobat Reader as the default for .pdf files. I found a site (https://danysys.com/set-file-type-as...ternal-method/) that makes it possible and I have created a batch file to work with it, but I was wondering if you guys A) already have a recommended way to do this? or B) could create a script to use the SFTA.exe cmd line utility.

The purpose is I have a procedure that will download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader and install it. But, I'm looking for a script add-on to set it as default for .pdf file associations.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Can I get a procedure to delete all printers?

Ideally I would like to delete all printers except "Microsoft Print to PDF"

but honestly...I'd take a nice "delete all" at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdidone View Post
              Only the backup check script is not working.
              Hi jdidone,

Our script developers are not able to reproduce the issue in our environment. Can you please allow us for remote session to check issue.

Kind Regards,
              PremJK

Comment

• Hi HeathBurt,

Thanks for your request. We have shared with our script developers to analyse and provide feedback.

Kind Regards,
                PremJK

Comment

• Hi uandit,

Please try this script prepared by our script developers and let us know if you have any issue
                  https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend...ult-pdf-viewer

Kind Regards,
                  PremJK

Comment

• Hi HeathBurt,

Please run this script prepared by our script developers for your request and provide your feedback
                    https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend...t-print-to-pdf

Kind Regards,
                    PremJK

Comment

• Originally posted by PremJkumar View Post
                      Hi HeathBurt,

Please run this script prepared by our script developers for your request and provide your feedback
                      https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend...t-print-to-pdf

Kind Regards,
                      PremJK
                      Works a Treat! Thank you

Comment

• Can a script be written to create an Outlook PST file for the current user?

Comment

• Originally posted by PremJkumar View Post

Hi Itarian FAN,

Unfortunately, we can create report of Installed apps and versions can be done only for one device at a time. report of multiple devices is not supported, a feature request is already raised for this.

Kind Regards,
                          PremJK
                          Where can i find that feature request? The reports function is very basic in the Endpoint Manager. There is no Software Inventory report.

A device report (Mac) does not show free disk space.

I do find Serial nrs and MacOS version very good to track down Macbooks for OS Upgrades.. but we need that too for software.
                          Since this information is already stored in the system (Per device) this could not be that hard to write a query (Report).

The Global Software Inventory under Applications in Endpoint Manger is not working (Useless) for Mac
                          Last edited by Itarian FAN; 12-23-2020, 09:37 AM.
                          Best Regards,

ITarian FAN

Comment

• How about a script to uninstall Adobe Flash Player on all devices?

Comment

Working...
                            X