Script to retrieve Comodo Client Security logs from endpoints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello PremJkumar,
    I have done some testing of the script to retrieve the event logs.
    It does retrieve the logs, but only onto the machine from where the logs were generated. The requirement is that a Comodo MSP can retrieve the logs back to the machine he is accessing the portal from. That way they do not have to interrupt the user. to retrieve the files. Also can we add the time to the zip file name?. I expect the MSP will run this more than once in a day when determining which rules need to be created. Regards Ian

Comment

Hi Ian Clarke,

The requirement is that a Comodo MSP can retrieve the logs back to the machine he is accessing the portal from. That way they do not have to interrupt the user. to retrieve the files.
      Many times the logs are in high size which can't be attached in the mail, so we planned to upload in an SFTP server so that there won't be any issues due to size.

Also can we add the time to the zip file name?. I expect the MSP will run this more than once in a day when determining which rules need to be created.
      This can be done, I will ask the script developer to update the script.

Kind Regards,
      PremJK

Comment

Hello PremJK,
        a few months ago the scripts team wrote the script to retrieve the HIP, Containment and Firewall events logs from a device and upload them these logs to a server.
        The script does extract the logs, and put them into a .zip file, but the upload directs the .zip file to a server at Comodo.
        We really would like the .zip file to be sent to the sftp server that the MSP, can access.
        Can one of the team please show me where do I need to modify this script to send the .zip file to a specified sftp service at some specified location.

I have attached the script that was created.
        Thank you.
        Regards Ian Clarke
        Brisbane Australia.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ian Clarke,

We have updated the script in the backend which will explain where and how to mention the SFTP connection to upload the file
          https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend...ml-or-csv-file

Please provide the values in the function "sftp_transfer" like this sftp://usernameassword@Hostname

Please let us know if you need any assistance.

Kind Regards,
          PremJK

Comment

• Ian Clarke
            Ian Clarke commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you PremJkumar for the fast response. I now see what we have to do.
            Regards Ian

Hi PremJkumar,
          this is probably a silly question. What language is used to write the Itarian/Comodo Procedure scripts?
          Regards Ian

Comment

Hi Ian Clarke,

The procedure scripts for ITarian/Comodo will be written in Python language. Let me know if you have any other queries.

Kind Regards,
            PremJK

Comment

our script developers to analyze your request and provide input.
              extramovies
              Last edited by Harmant380; 08-10-2022, 11:03 AM.

Comment

I am new in this forum. I have some questions about this forum. These questions are shown below:

https://forum.itarian.com/forum/msp-...sing-jumpcloud

If anyone has information about my question. Please give me answer below. I am very confused about this.

Comment

I'm also confused by these kind of posts...spam ????

Comment

Working...
                  X