About audio playback

Man, that’s a GREAT workaround! :smiley:

Not feasible for me, though: my nearest beach is around 500Km away. :frowning:

By the way, great thread, very useful. Thank you for the valuable info, @eztech :wink:

Have a nice day!

– Javier Llorente

I feel you, I’m a similar distance from a beach.

Thanks for the kind words. I’m still working with hguler07 (moved to DMs) and once we settle on a final version, I will make sure to update this thread

I’m happy to share the latest update. Working withhguler07, we were able to work out the remaining issues. I’ve updated my original post with the latest changes and version of the procedure, but here also is the latest changes (and likely final version unless others have requests)

Update - v0.9 - 9/8/2021

• Added ability to change main system volume
    • New Config: Main_System_Volume
      • Default: 50
      • System Volume. 0 is lowest, 100 is loudest
    • New Config: Main_System_Mute_Volume
      • Default: 0
      • Mute System Volume (Enable =1, Disable=0)
  • Added ability to update PowerShell and .NET to latest supported versions if current system is below requirements
    • New Config: Powershell_Update_Reboot
      • Default: 0
      • Automatically Reboot if PowerShell is updated (Enable=1,Disable=0)
      • Note: If PowerShell version detected is lower than v3, it is automatically updated to 5.1 along with .net 4.5. A reboot is required, after which the script will run as normal
  • Improved ability to detect current systems audio configuration and hardware
    • If no audio hardware is detected, or otherwise an issue is detected with it, the script will log any errors and quit
  • Added ability to use VLC media player to play audio files
    • New Config: Use_VLCPlayer
      • Default: 1
      • Use VLC to Play Media(Enable =1, Disable=0)
    • Note: If enabled, VLC will automatically be installed silently via chocolatey. When using VLC, Play_Audio_Volume no longer works. Use Main_System_Volume to control playback volume. Using VLC will help solve compatibility issues, otherwise the script uses the Windows MediaPlayer class which should work well for most use cases
  • Script is now fully compatible and tested with Windows 7
  • Added ability to use google share drive URLs to download audio files
    • Note: The method to automatically retrieve the file name is a bit hacky, so any changes Google makes to share URLs could break this
  • Fixed an issue where downloaded files would sometimes not be removed when Keep_download_file was enabled
  • Improved logging detail and error handling
  • Other various fixes and improvements
Download:

EZT-AudioPlayer.json (91.7 KB)

Great job, thanks a lot for sharing!

Have a nice day,
– Javier Llorente

Merhabalar

Hello,
After the last updates on Comodo, I still get the access denied error. I can run the modules on comodo when I close them. How can I resolve this access denied error?

i gave permission to the file but no solution " EZT-AudioPlayer.ps1 "

can you help me
Regards

Hi @hguler07

Have you tried looking at your security profile as you did last time that fixed this issue? Perhaps a comodo update caused some issues with profiles, that has definitely happened to me before

Otherwise, can you send me the most recent log file for the procedure from a machine that is having the issue? You can send to me in a DM if you like

Thanks!