Auto Patch

Hi, I have a procedure to install Definition updates on my servers, what category do the “Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool” updates come under?
what is needed to these are included in the same procedure?

Thanks James.

Hi @dittoit ,

It should be under OS patches.

Please let us know if you need anything else. Thank you.

Hi, i don’t see OS?? see attached…
James

Hi @dittoit ,

We’re sorry for the confusion. The Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool is classified in Update Rollups.

Supported products are Windows 7 , Windows Server 2008 , Windows Server 2008 R2 , Windows Vista.

Thank you.

Hi,

Update rollup

Definition: A tested, cumulative set of hotfixes, security updates, critical updates, and updates that are packaged together for easy deployment. A rollup generally targets a specific area, such as security, or a component of a product, such as Internet Information Services (IIS).

this coud be a wide range of updates, is there anyway to only install the “Malicious Software Removal Tool” without opening up the whole “Update Rollups”
Cheers James.

Hi @dittoit
The Windows MSRT falls under ‘Tools’ with an ‘Unspecified’ severity rating. If you plan to push only the MSRT, you can simply go to Patch Management and mark the checkbox beside the MSRT entry and then click ‘Install Patch(es)’.

Hi, yes that’s what I have done, however can this be done automatically? like i have the defention updates done.

Hi @dittoit
It will be the same (with different items checked) with what you did with the definitions update but you can’t be sure if a categorically-similar update to MSRT will be included in future (MS) Patch Tuesdays.