CCS Firewall, who uses it? And what is your experience?

Hi @Ed_Johnson

We have had two endpoints where the network has been locked out after upgrading to Windows 10 Version 1903 Build 18362 (os_version=10.0.18362), both with CCS 11.1.0.7259. As you know, the firewall module relies on the “COMODO Internet Security Firewall Driver”, and a full Windows 10 upgrade to 1903 implies some driver changes, so my guess is that on some endpoints the firewall driver gets stuck after the Windows upgrade. In our case, the issue has been resolved by just uninstalling and then reinstalling again Comodo CCS to repair the firewall driver.

Hope this will help!

– Javier Llorente
Devoteam - Endpoint Security

P.S. Dear Support, we have no more cases so far, there is no need for us to create a ticket yet.

Hi @DevoteamEndpointSecu

The firewall issue is 100% a driver issue. The driver is used to add extra features like containment to your network functions, but as far as I’m aware this is the only AV that works like this and also the only AV that kills networking when MS updates drivers for NIC or the core code to the network layer.

We found sound times just un-ticking and re-ticking the driver solved the issue and other times a reboot as well. On the majority of the cases a CCS reinstall was needed.

All ways you look at it, this is a constant major flaw in the program design which means you need to travel miles and miles to solve every 2 weeks due to either an MS update or Comodo update.

I know it sound bitter, but other than the firewall the product is amazing and so secure.

Just need to rethink how the firewall works or integrate IPTables and WAF instead like all the competitors are doing.

I am also turning of the firewall on all my users. When installed, Comodo Security 11 stops the CSS from working on random computers. In addition, it will also entirely stop connections to the nternet. In fact it is happening on my OWN computer and haven’t been able to resolve it. So very frustrating.

Hi @davcomp,

May you please confirm if your are experiencing this issue with the current version of Client - Security 11.3.0.7495. Please check and update your CCS version if you are not running the latest version yet. If you are still experiencing the same issue after installing the latest version of CCS, please send us an email at support@itarian.com so we can further investigate and determine the root cause of the issue.

Thank you.

Hi,
at the moment I have 180 EPs with CCS firewall on and I have no particular problems.
The Containment is very finicky, but, in my experience, is manageable.

That’s undoubtedly the most accurate description of the Containment feature I’ve ever read. :smiley:

– Javier Llorente

Please tell us all the “finicky” aspects so that we can fix them asap! thank you.

Containment works very well, just needs a bit of understanding and planning to get right.

Well, as I wrote is manageable…
For example I see some actions about files from Asus, Dell, HP that are a bit annoying

Dell servers

Asus Desktops

How odd to see the results like this.

Have you run a rating scan from Endpoint Manager portal on all devices?

We find the admin rating of trusted does not work until this is done.

I let the “antivirus” options in the profiles as default, with realtime scan enabled and my custom exclusions.
Never made a “rating scan”, first time I hear,
let me study this :rolleyes:

@StrobeTech is correct I have my rating scans set hourly or every 2hrs.

Hi,
the Quick Rating Scan seems to resolve 90% of the problem, thank you very much!
and my fault, I have to study much more … :frowning:

Just to clarify: I’d like too to schedule the QRS in the profiles, so I read the help and try in the Antivirus section of my profiles,
but I don’t see a clear “Quick rating scan” option, in Scans, I have

Maybe I have to ADD a scan of the REGION “Unrecognized files”?
Thank you again…

… by the way, in the page

the first link:
“Note: The scans interface allows you to manage on-demand scans only. For automated scans, administrators should create a scan schedule in a configuration profile then push it to selected devices/groups. SeeCreate Configuration Profiles for more details.”

is broken!

Thanks,
now I know how to use the manual Quick Rating Scan,
it’s not clear to me how to schedule it.

Hello @stefanoradam ,

You may please check this link as a guide on how to schedule a scan. Thanks and have a good one!

https://wiki.itarian.com/frontend/web/topic/how-to-schedule-virus-scan-in-endpoint-manager

Hi and thanks, :slight_smile:
sorry for my confused english… let me explain:

I know how to schedule a scan: in the screenshot
https://forum.itarian.com/filedata/fetch?id=37250&d=1566549581
my actual scheduled scans.

My question is:
in Security Sub-systems - Antivirus section I can run a “Quick Rating Scan”
In the Configuration Templates - Profiles - myprofile - Antivirus - Scans - Add section I don’t see a “Quick Rating Scan”
so, how can I schedule a Quick Rating Scan like Libretch says (post #32):

@StrobeTech is correct I have my rating scans set hourly or every 2hrs.”?

Hello @stefanoradam

There is no ability to schedule rating scan right now.
Only Full, Quick, Unrecognized and Custom scans can be scheduled via profile but File rating
for all files can be calculated by enabling “Use cloud while scanning” option from a Full Scan which is an equal operation.

Please see attached images.

I hope this suffices your query.

Kregards,

1.jpg

Yes, thank you,
added a custom “QRScan” to all profiles and scheduled every day,
let’s see if it is OK…
Thank you again!

Hello @stefanoradam ,

You are welcome, please feel free to reach out for any issue you`ll encounter.

Kregards,