We would like to inform you that we are going to have new releases over Comodo ONE on Saturday (07/15/2017) morning. Platform will be on maintenance mode for 4 hours early Saturday. We expect to have no service outage in general. If you observe any brief connectivity issues, please retry later in the day.
IT and Security Manager
● Comodo Remote Control UI is renewed with modern look and better icons. Now you can manage your endpoints with greater control over screen setting and multiple monitors support.
● “Refresh Device Inventory” button has been placed on Comodo Remote Control application to let you quickly work on new devices that are enrolled to ITSM portalwithout need to logoff and logon to application again.
● We have added “Best Fit” option to Comodo Remote Control that will check the screen resolution of the target and admin monitors and automatically set for the best visual experience.
● Admins can use “Enable local user to override profile configuration” option on Configuration Templates>Profiles>Client Access Control section for enabling local settings on the endpoints. For instance, ifyou need to modify security settings on a specific endpoint, you don’t have to create a separate profile for that device. You can easily enable this option and keep the custom settings on the endpoint by typing theadministrator password.
● Third party application patching process is improved and new applications are added to supported applications list. Now we support 131 popular applications! We work really hard to keep your environment always protected against vulnerabilities that can occur due to unpatched third party software.
● Auto-Containment rule specification pages under Configuration Templates->Profiles> Containment section is redesigned and new criteria “Created by User” is added for more granular control over containment. You can easily configure and manage the automatic rules to tailor the containment technology to your most complex needs. Available options are
o File Origin
o Created by User
o Created by Process
o File Age
● Some macOS endpoints had issues with CCC and CCS agents; now macOS Sierra (version 10.12) is fully tested again and it is officially supported.
Comodo Client Security (CCS)
● Comodo Client Security is completely rebuilt with new functionality and design as CCS10! Now your environments have even better protection with less system resources.
● We have completely redesigned the user interface of CCS to show most details at the first glance and provide more intuitive configurations to save your valuable time.
● We know that rebooting the endpoint after every update is annoying and your customers complain about it. We have implemented new architecture of the CCS10 for supporting agent updates without requiring a reboot. Starting with the CCS10 the agent will not require reboot after every update, only the major updates will be requiring reboots after installation.
● The logging infrastructure of CCS is improved to be aligned with standard log format. We have used common fields as much as we can and reduced the number of custom fields. Now you can adjust your device profile to collect CCS logs to your existing platforms to have a better overview on your environment.
● Now searching Users, SD Tickets and Organization is much more easy for you! Searching ability with Custom Fields has been implemented on Users, SD Tickets and Organizations. So you can search them with custom fields also; in addition to existing fields you can search by status, device name etc.
• Loader Messages on Service Desk has been improved for hiding the “Do you want lo leave this site?” messages that appeared occasionally
• Datatable Column Customization has been improved, admins can enable/disable more columns as they wish
• UI of ticket list views have been improved with new columns and buttons. Department, Assigned to and Closed By columns are added to the ticket list views
• Page update problem because of timer pop-up has been fixed.
• Field problems have been fixed.
• Autoresponder problem for tickets logged via email fetching has been fixed.
• Role assigning problem has been fixed.
• Searching problems have been fixed.
• Existing user upload problem has been fixed.
• Pop-up problems have been fixed.
● Valkyrie File Upload size is now 150 MB! This receiving capacity is an assertive number among Valkyrie’s competitors.
● Valkyrie has a new dashboard look with newly added widgets! A new “Overview” section which providessignificant statistics is added to Valkyrie dashboard; with this new section, users will display just main page to see important Valkyrie analysis statistics. This section includes:
o Total file statistics are added to dashboard overview starting from file upload to file processing complete. Users will be able to track their file funnel for different periods.
o Device based detection rates are added to dashboard overview so that users will be able to view their devices’ tendency to be contaminated bymalware files.
o Latest Malware files are added to dashboard overview so that users will have a shortcut to recently detected file details and examine results by just one click without any search or file information.
o Detailed Malware Statistics are added to dashboard overview. With this widget, users will be able to see the distribution of malware files according to malware families. This data will provide an insight about their top most malware files detected on their devices.
o Top 10 Devices with Malware and PUA Detected statistics are added to dashboard overview. This new widget will help users to see which of their devices have tendency to have malware files so that they can take precautions for that.
o Unparalleled Protection Statistics are added to dashboard overview that statistics show zero-day malware detections. This widget gives users to chance of viewing the malware and PUA files that are not detected via any industry company before. So that users can see the importance of detection and take some precautions for that.
o Top 10 Queried File and Product Vendor Statistics are added to dashboard overview that provides information about frequently encountered files and file venders in users’ devices. With this widget, users will be able to see most common files and product vendors on their distinct endpoints. This information will help users on deciding about file rules.
o Top 10 Contacted Domain Statistics are added dashboard overview. This widget provides a very valuable data about behavior of malware files that are detected on their device. Using this data, users will be able to extract a pattern about their malicious files and take precautions.
● Valkyrie File Upload services are refactored and optimized. Users will have faster uploads so that their analysis results will be provided sooner.
● 502 bad gateway error during some conditions bug is resolved.
● Objection button is not displayed on some cases bug is resolved.
● Kill Chain report web and pdf version inconsistency bug is resolved.