Itarian Billing Model Change - 2022

So it would seem I am not the only confused person on this platform. The only part of your product that I use is the “remote control by Italian”, I have no interest in anything else and so as I read it shouldn’t be charged.

However when I log in today it is asking for payment details, if this is because I should have made some sort of change in the portal it should have been made clear in the email I received as it wasn’t at all clear.

I did contact you through your “contact us” section but got no reply

Hi @daprodukt

Sorry you have not been contacted yet from your contact form request. I’m not sure who exactly get these but often they are forwarded to me in a ticket to deal with.

In regards to the ITarian PSA platform, a quick one sentence about us is
“100% Free Hosted Ticketing Platform and 100% Hosted Remote Desktop Platform with ITarian PSA”

To achieve the above we are giving all companies an “ITarian Basic” license; this is a free license that gives you access to the following: -

• Basic PSA
  • Service Desk [SD] (this is the ticketing platform)
  • Remote Desktop [RD]
  • Remote Desktop Mobile [RDM] (currently only on Android)

Remote Desktop [RD] is the new name for Remote Control and should be rolled out as a name changed Q1 2023.

Inside ITarian there is a profile creation tool, to make sure you have a free setup using the ITarian Basic only license please create a new profile enabling only features from the free section. Once this is done please apply this to your devices to make sure your not charged.

We are aware that there is no default free profile and looking to resolve this asap meaning you do not need to create one, until then please create a profile enabling the free marked items only.

Regards
Robin

1 Like

Just a quick post.
Looks like some portal changes are in progress, seeing a few different pages or layouts.
Anything I’ve missed in the last few days?

mcfproservices

Nothing that has been missed, but something that might be seen is a possible change in portal from ITarian to Xcitium and the other way around.

Something that has not been announced and I personally have only just found out is that parts of the separation of ITarian and Xcitium are still ongoing.

Due to this a change on the backend has been made which might have pushed people to one side or the other.

If your portal has been changed and you wish it to be put back please raise a support ticket with support@itarian.com and this will be actioned asap

1 Like

To say I am utterly disappointed and concerned by this in an understatement.

I can understand businesses changing their business models, however this should apply this to new users. Do not alienate your current user base!

I would think this would be business 101 and changing the model on such a large scale, I have no doubt this would affect the large number of users planning to leave Itarian

To be honest, the up to 50 was one of the primary reasons I chose ITarian for which I am currently reconsidering this and I am now looking at other options. If I were going to go for a paid option, I would of chosen another platform over Itarian from the get go.

It was a point from the Itarian team about the free options several time, however the Itarian Device options were free too, this was taken away from us. This is the point, its not that you added new free services, the PSA, SD and RC were free before this change. Stop making as if you fought for us and we now have these free options. Free options were removed!

Saying that, I would be more than happy to pay after the 50 device limit.

Yes I maybe just using this for friends and family, but I did plan to grow this to include some businesses, at a minimum of US$1.10 per device minimum, this is currently well out of my reach. Considering the exchange rate is not very favourable at the moment.

So I am sad to say that I most likely will shortly be closing my account and moving to another platform, which is disappointing again as I do like the ITarian platform.

1 Like

“If your portal is Xcitium the ITarian changes will not effect you”
Today the portal seems migrated independently to ItarianMSP,
and asks for credit card details (and don’t accept them… “Credit card: Do Not Honor”),
last, this message don’t uploads JPGs…
No words :frowning_face:

Hi @stefanoradam

We are in the process of migration of all AMS IT Support Ltd customers back to their original portals.

Once this is done you should be back to your original layout and services as normal.

1 Like

Hi @Dix-It

We are sad to hear this.

The paid optionals are only patch management and other RMM features.

Main stuff to help family should still be accessible.

Regards
Robin

1 Like

Yes Robin, it is very sad.

As i did say, those options were not before, for up to 50, after that was fine.

And that the new paid option should be applied to new clients, not current.

Its sad that i have to move, its sad that ITarian dont realise why.

Its also noted that its not just $1.10 per endpoint. If you are in the US sure, but outside, exchange rates come into play. So it will cost me even more per end point to continue. This is not viable…

Hi @Dix-It

On the exchange rate you should speak to a UK reseller like AMS IT Support Ltd (https://ams-it.support/) as this removes all the expensive exchange rates for you.

Other than this there is not a huge amount I can say or do other than what has already been said.

Unfortunately, Im in Australia, which makes it worse when it comes to the exchange rate, but thank you.

Hi @Dix-It

I know AMS IT Support Ltd supply licenses in GBP, USB, EUR and NZD as it has a worldwide customer base.

If yiu cannot find a local reseller in your country you could ask the question to see if they could do other currencies.

Portal changes.

But we are “better off” being placed into the comodo portal, as the new charging system would not have effected us, assume mostly longer term customers who have been paying for at least the AEP licences.

I also could not add credit card, and like others have mentioned it’s the lack of communications that is the worst aspect with these changes, portals changing - no notices, cannot sort out profiles and a nag screen about being disabled.

The powers to be NEED to cut some slack for at least another month and get the processes in line before disabling something we cannot or could not even manage.

I’m back on itarian portal and assume will be cut off soon as not “paid up” for rmm…

mcfproservices

Hi @mcfproservices

AMS IT Support Ltd should be in touch shortly for you.

On the notice / lack of communication, I totally understand and agree. I’m trying to battle the powers to be to correct this approach at the moment so this does not happen again.

Regards
Robin

1 Like

Can only add to general frustration in this hasty (greedy?) attempt at Billing Change.
While I get the need to move to billing, the simultaneous changes to platforms/dashboards is causing confusion. Somehow (interestingly), XCS gets enabled on our account in this process, so when we are prompted for credit card details amount is not as expected at $1.25, but $2.55. After emailing back and forth, I seem no closer to a solution. At this stage very likely to just delete the client software and go for a different option.
I think Itarian seriously need to look at getting their house in order, and then try re-implement this billing change. I suspect many users will migrate out of frustration.

1 Like

You may want to look at bluetrait.io based in Australia. Free up to 100 agents.

1 Like

Wow, awesome, thank you for the suggestion, will check them out for sure!

Today from bad to worse …

https://ibb.co/dDqNf9w
https://ibb.co/d5sJ06L

and JPG upload in forum keeps failing.

Today my portal is still “ItarianMSP” and is unusable:
on any link:
the left click is OK
the right click - open in new tab opens the itarian portal login page.

Some questions (as a customer) for AMS or Itarian:
Whats going on?
May I have my Comodo/Xcitium Portal BACK?
Will I have the RMM functions back? (as in the Xcitium portal)

Please note that bluetrait.io does not have Remote Control capabilities, which must be purchased separately from ConnectWise Control, which does not have a free plan.

So, depending on the way you use the platform, it may be worth keeping Comodo One, ITarian, Dragon, Excitium or whatever the marketing team decides to name this platform the next time.

Just my personal opinion.

Regards,
– Javier Llorente

1 Like