MSI Installation timeout period?

Hi All,

I have used the MSI (bulk installation method) to deploy comodo to multiple sites and so far it has worked OK. I had to return to one site to re-image a PC and setup a new guest server. once added to the domain the MSI installed OK but then prompted to be enrolled! usually this happens automatically. I take it that the en-rollment token used to automatically en-roll the devices expires? if this is so it is going to be an absolute nightmare for me when new devices are added to the network i support. I want to set a forget the MSI installer and let the devices automatically appear.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I need to have MSI installers that will work constantly not just for 3 months.

Thanks

Dave

@dbettens ,

We understand your reasons for requesting a longer validity. We have forwarded your request to our Product Developers for analysis. We will provide you an update of their feedback

Thank you Jimmy,

I am sure you can understand my reasons for this, we need to monitor every device without user intervention and without having to re download a MSi for 50+ sites every 3 months

can you confirm teh current time out period? as i think i will have to update the MSI at each site as it stands…

thanks

Dave

I don’t suppose there is a report that I can run or an alert that I can set to show me the days remaining in bulk?

@dbettens ,

As of the moment, there is none. What we can do is forward a request to Our Developers for creating this kind of report.

Thanks Jimmy

Hello @dbettens
We would like to point out that the 90-day expiration for the token ID is only for the bulk installer and is only used when you are enrolling a device. Once a device is enrolled, the token ID becomes a non-factor. The enrollment of the device to the ITSM does not expire and does not need to be ‘renewed’ even if CCC is updated every 4-5 weeks. Due to these ‘monthly’ updates, keeping an ‘outdated’ (more than 3 months old) bulk installer is not recommended to prevent any potential client-server ‘conflict’.

Thanks @Rick_C for the reasons behind this.

I have about 50 sites that require the client agent to be installed automatically, Is there any other way that could be automated to install the client? a script perhaps that would pull that latest version?

Thanks

Dave

@dbettens ,

We assume a procedure to pull out the last downloaded bulk installer from the portal?