REQUEST: Uninstall and reinstall ITSM (fix logging loop)

I’ve noticed a few times an issue with ITSM that will continually send the same event logs when monitoring is running over and over (every few seconds).

Quick fix I’ve found is to reinstall ITSM. Can’t do that remotely through the Comodo Remote Control.

I can install the old RMM and do it from there but I think it would be better if a script could be created to push the installer and a batch file that runs. When uninstalling the ITSM the scripting engine will stop so the BAT is needed to continue to process.

Hi @zabolyx
Script completed, Refer the link below:
https://scripts.comodo.com/frontend/web/topic/uninstall-and-reinstall-itsm
Thank you.

awesome… I could kiss ya

Here’s something to add to this… what about modifying this to allow for conversion from one account to another. Say I want to transfer computers to another C1 account could I set it to download the itsm_faiy3hklad783.msi (or similar for the other account) and more or less move these machines over? Would I just simply change the download URL or does other changes need to be made to the script?

Hi @zabolyx

you don’t need to change any download URL, just changing the file name in the script is enough.(the file name should be the token which is downloaded from the portal of your preferred account).

The replacement of file name with the accurate token helps you to enroll your machine in any account as per your need.

Thank you.