Hotfix for ITarian Portal and Remote Control (2020-06-16)

Hello everyone,

We want to inform you that we have a hot fix over ITarian Portal and Remote Control components on 16th of June at 02:00 EST / 06:00 GMT .

Here is the item that are included in the hot fix.

Portal

New Features

• In order to increase account security on the ITarian platform, 3 mandatory steps have to be taken for all users of all accounts having more than 50 devices on their accounts.
    • Verify phone number
    • Give answer to 3 desired security questions
    • Enable Two Factor Authentication
      • via Authenticator application
      • via SMS code
Remote Control
  • Two Factor Authentication via SMS code
New Agent Versions:

Windows Remote Control : 6.36.38226.20060
macOS Remote Control: 6.36.38227.20060

You can feel free to share your feedback and comments through this post.

We will share any updates regarding hot fix release through here.

Regards,
Product Management Team

Hi @ilgazy

If I understand correctly, these changes only impact on existing EM Itarian Remote Control users if they need to login to the portal again, just using Remote Control it shouldn’t prompt them for the additional security set up. Is this still the case?

@ilgazy

Your release notes above don’t mention a new version of the Windows client software, what has changed?

I have just received the “Account Security Has To Be Improved” pop up after login to Comodo ONE. OK, fine, but the fact is that I don’t have a company phone. So, how am I supposed to work now that this field is mandatory?

Thanks in advance.

– Javier Llorente

Hello everyone!

We are happy to announce that hot-fix deployment and post-deployment tests are completed. You can safely enjoy the new features delivered with the hot-fix release.

Looking forward to hear your feedback!

Best Regards,
Product Management Team

I just installed the update this morning and I cant connect to any of my remote control endpoints, immediately get ‘takeover failed to start’ any ideas?

update: I uninstalled the new version and reinstalled the previous version so I can support my end users.

I found that I needed to go into Endpoint Manager > Settings > Portal Set-Up > Extensions Management and turn on “Remote Control by ITarian”, otherwise I always got an error when trying to connect saying that “The specified operation is disabled by portal administrator.”