Release Candidate of ITarian - IT Operating Platform for 18th of January, 2020

Hello everyone!

We are excited to inform you that we are planning to have a new release scheduled to go live Saturday 18th of January, 2020. morning!

The release is expected to take 15 minutes to deploy, during that time platform will be under maintenance mode. Post-deployment tests are expected to continue until 4 pm EST during which you may observe minor glitches. If you observe any issues, please feel free to share with us.

Endpoint Manager
Endpoint Manager Core
New Features
Mac OSX Catalina Support

Endpoint Manager now supports Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina

Improved processes for old and duplicate devices
Changes made to the device list to help admins identify and deal with old/duplicate devices.
● Exclamation mark added to old/duplicate devices in the device list
● Audit logs created when an old/duplicate device is removed
● New filter added to the device list for old/duplicate devices
● Customize the length of time that must pass before a device is flagged as ‘old’.
● Customize the length of time that must pass before Endpoint Manager removes old devices
● New removal options for duplicate devices.
Here is the wiki of this feature.

Department Sync with Service Desk
Users can now select departments marked as ‘Public’ in Service Desk when configuring alert settings, or when submitting a ticket via the CCC tray icon.
● ‘Configure departments for ticket submission’ added to ‘Profiles’ > ‘UI Settings’ > ‘General Settings’ > ‘Show communication client tray icon’. This allows admins to choose which
departments users can submit tickets to via the CCC tray icon.
● New synchronization button option added to ‘Alerts’ > ‘Alert Settings’. Improvements made to the ‘Open tickets under’ field.

Forward CCC logs to SIEM tool
You can now forward CCC logs to a SIEM server, emulating the feature already available for CCS.
● Choose which CCC logs are stored locally.
● New options add to ‘Profiles’ > ‘Logging Settings’ > ‘Communication Client’ tab which let you forward logs to your desired servers.

Dark Mode for iOS MDM Client
iOS clients on devices with iOS 13+ can now switch to Dark Mode

Bug Fixes
● Fixed the issue of showing “Daily” as value for schedule column where procedure is not scheduled.

Security
New Features
Data Loss Prevention:

New discovery scans allow you to audit and control sensitive data on a network. Discovery rules let you scan for specific document types and patterns, and to create scan exclusions. We also added discovery scan logs.

Improvements
Split the ‘Unrecognized and Quarantined files’ scan into 2 separate scans. This allows admins to run highly targeted scans which are relevant to their needs.

Bug Fixes
● Fixed the issue of “Quarantined Files Scanning” being absent on Antivirus -> Scans section in old custom profiles.

Remote Control
New Features
● Added ability to cancel ‘in-progress’ uploads or downloads in the file transfer feature
● Added ability to drag and drop files between local and remote machines
● Added ability to select and delete multiple files
● Added ability to search and sort files and folders
● File transfer dialog now closes automatically once the transfer is complete

● Added Mac OSX Catalina support

Remote Monitoring and Management
Bug Fixes
● Fixed the issue of RMMService using x86 architecture download link for x64 applications while performing software upgrade operation
● Fixed the issue of RMMService running at 25% CPU constantly.
● Fixed the issue of monitoring tickets not being closed automatically when metrics goes down below threshold.

Patch Management
New Features
Added ‘Reboot Pending’ status to patch manager

New ‘Reboot Pending’ status informs you that a device needs to be restarted for the patch to become effective.

Bug Fixes
● Fixed the issue of incomplete logs for third party application installations.
● Fixed the issue of third party patch procedure failing on Microsoft OneDrive.

Comodo Client Security
Windows
New Features
● Split ‘Unrecognized and quarantined files’ scan into two separate scans
● Schedule antivirus scans on specific days of the week.

Data Loss Prevention
New discovery scans allow you to audit and control sensitive data on a network. Discovery rules let you scan for specific document types and patterns, and to create scan exclusions. We also added discovery scan logs.

Vulnerability & exploit fixes
● Identify the digital signature level of a newly created system process.
● Identify the parent process of any new system process.

Bug Fixes
● CCS no longer causes system restore operations to get stuck at ‘System restore is restoring the registry’.
● Fixed bug that prevented users from saving Excel docs to a network folder when CCS 11.5 is running.
● Fixed bug that caused device control to function incorrectly when scan removable media is enabled.
● Fixed issue that caused application delays and errors when containment is enabled.
● Fixed issue that caused some devices to freeze if CCS 11.6.1.7849 is installed.
● Fixed bug which caused CCS to report all files scanned by CCE as ‘Unrecognized’, instead of their true trust rating.
● Fixed incorrect timestamps after running a Comodo reputation DB update.
● Fixed issues that caused high CPU and RAM usage by cmdagent 11.7.0.7899.
● Fixed bug that prevented CCS updates via Squid if authentication was enabled.
● Fixed bug that caused CCS antivirus and firewall to remain in the WMI Security Center namespace after uninstalling CCS on Windows 10.

Portal
New Features

●As part of improving our platform and our customers accounts security, the utilization of 2 Factor Authentication mechanism is mandatory from now on.
●‘Secure DNS Filtering’ product rebranded as ‘Comodo Secure Internet Gateway’.

Bug Fixes
● Fixed the issue of not being able to generate Executive Windows Antivirus Report.

New Client Versions:
Windows Communication Client:
Windows Comodo Client - Security: 12.0.0.7959
Windows Remote Control: 6.33.34183.20010
Endpoint Detection and Response: 2.3.0.195 (previous)
macOS Communication Client: 6.33.34270.20010
macOS Comodo Client - Security: 2.4.4.844 (previous)
macOS Remote Control: 6.33.34199.20010
iOS Mobile Device Management Client: 1.3.0
Android Mobile Device Management Client: 6.14.0.13
Linux Communication Client: 6.28.26228.19060 (previous)
Linux Comodo Client - Security: 2.2.1.495 (previous)

Best Regards,
Product Management Team

Itarian January Release.pdf (176 KB)

Hi @ilgazy

Thanks for the update / information about the up and coming release but I have a few notes and questions about this that I believe need clearing up.

Portal
New Features

● ‘Secure DNS Filtering’ product rebranded as ‘Comodo Secure Internet Gateway’.

Are you sure this is the right product as “Dome Shield” has only just become “Secure DNS Filtering” 2 months ago and still has parts showing as “Dome Shield” being listed all over the place. Also, Secure Internet Gateway is a different product currently.

Comodo Client Security
Windows
Data Loss Prevention

Can we have more information about this Data Loss Prevention and feature as this is 100% new.
I know I was speaking to dev awhile ago about bringing the enterprise DLP system to ITarian, is this it???

Looking at the platform, there is still nothing on fixing the Quote Manager email issue or about maybe a re-write of it into Service Desk which would make a much better idea.

Also, there is nothing on reporting still which is a major issue that everyone for many many months and years have been asking for.

Foreign language patches

Any update to when this will be fixed - missing again from this round of fixes!

Hello @StrobeTech ,

We have informed our ITarian Team to review your reported issue and get back to your case as quickly as possible.

Hello @stevens_pete ,

We have informed our ITarian Team to review your reported issue and get back to your case as quickly as possible.

Hello @StrobeTech,

We are preparing a detailed wiki for Data Loss Prevention (What is DLP, How can we use, Why do we need DLP). And I will share as soon as possible under Endpoint Protection page.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Zeynep.

Hello everyone,

We would like to inform you that deployment has been finished for January release.

Post-deployment tests are still ongoing. We will inform you when post-deployment tests are completed.

Best Regards,
Product Management Team

I have just gone to login to my account and cannot proceed as the 2fa has now been enforced on the portal.

I had not enabled this as the ONLY option is to use the Google authenticator app!! I always use the Microsoft or LastPass authenticators.

Does this now mean I am not able to access my account unless I do start to use the Google app ???

Regards

Hello @bob-sawyer ,

As part of improving our platform and our customers accounts security, the utilization of 2 Factor Authentication mechanism is mandatory from now on.

You can use all authenticators as well as Microsoft for configuring your 2FA. Moreover, we will be adding sms validation as well, as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
Elif

I would prefer a choice, especially as I do not like Google, I only have an account to use an Android phone for apps and updates, and only use this as Windows phone has regrettably ceased :frowning: I do not use their e-mail, browser or any other services and turn as much as possible off on the phone.

It would be far better to have a choice as I would prefer this account to be linked to a Lastpass app. Will have to now consider my options :frowning:

Hi Elif,

Apologise for the delay.

Thank you for your update and the clarification. The confusion was with the wording on the portal in that it only stated about the Google Authenticator and not that you can choose from x, y & z

Regards

Hi,
2FA has been enforced now.
I have installed and configured it on my phone.
But as I don’t have my phone with me I also want to use Google Authenticator from my tablet or from the Chrome browser (=plugin).
How can I generate a new QR-code or token for adding another device?
Thanks.

Hi @ailan

when setting up the 2FA, the provided qr code can be used on multiple devices at the same time to configure. At this point, I suppose you don’t have the initial qr code anymore. So you may login to system with your phone, then disable 2FA and reenable, while you use the new qr code on all devices at once.

I did this myself already not on Itarian but on some other systems having 2FA. Since the qr code and authentication algorithm is device-agnostic, it will work on any 2FA system.

Hi @fatih ,
Thanks.
I tried it now a few times and it works:
For others:
Disable and enable 2FA: make a copy of the QR and the token and fill in the code.
I don’t know if its because everything is tied up with a same google account, but after that I could use the same token on another pc to register the Google authenticator-plug in for Google Chrome with only the token… It didn’t ask a verification code!
But this works.
Regards.