What is free and what is not free

Correct. They started locking threads about this and banning people talking about it as well.
https://forum.itarian.com/forum/general-announcements/37867-itarian-pricing-announcement/page11

It also seems that success@itarian.com has quit replying to people… or maybe they are just overwhelmed with all the feedback.

@melih this is a very bad look.

Discussion about this is starting to move off the ITarian forum and onto other platforms.

Hi Davy, I PM’d you. Please check when you get the chance.

Hi All,

To try and explain what is happening please read below.

Comodo fund Itarian from its security products, and for a long time Comodo products have been licensed on trust which a lot of msps have broken and used to give the AV away free which has only hurt Itarian.

The new charging for access to the Itarian products (not the products themselves but the servers they run on) forces msps to stop breaking this trust licensing and continues to fund Itarian which is beneficial for all.

Soon Itarian will be release the store where you can get licensees for O365 and more, and once this is fully working the profits from this will also give you free Itarian and fund the platform.

As another note, Itarian are trying to help enterprises use the system as well as us access the store with proper agreements which need to some payment to be official as such. So this is another reason why the charges have come in, but as they have promised the system will be free they have made these cost neutral systems to keep it free.

I hope this helps all and explains things a bit better?

Regards
Robin

No it doesn’t, not in the least bit, in fact had you or Comodo sent an email about charging for A/V (CCS I assume is what you are referring to) and discussed a price point for that that was competitive compared to other offerings of the same maybe the community wouldn’t hate on this so much. In fact the backlash is so bad and people feel deceived so much that they take their time out of their busy days to tell you about it. That should say loud and clear how those who aren’t part of the inner circle at Comodo were caught off guard by such changes. Personally, I think Comodo has made more enemies then friends this past week. If you wanted us to leave or pay then we hear you loud and clear and best we can is show you over the next 90 days exactly how deep our anger goes for this decision. You want to make it cost neutral then you should have planned as such. Remember it’s only cost-neutral if we purchase (read spend money) other products (read optional until now) from Comodo. All you had to do was openly discuss this situation and find a better way. You did none of this and then silence the truth that people speak and remove their posts as “violation of terms” to the forum furthering the anger because you are trying to hide the negative backlash from your decisions. What’s more upsetting is a company that was outsourced for some of the development is now trying to defend it’s partner as if they are not intertwined in business. Sometimes being honest is just easier and results in more understanding but for those of us who didn’t get compensation for development of the platform it is not sitting well. After this post, I’m no longer going to post anything in response. If you, your companies and staff are willing to do these things then it tells me I chose poorly when investing my time, energy and company into this project. It also tells me that more then likely this was planned for quite some time in secrecy without letting the community know the real intentions long before you made the announcement which further makes us distrust the situation even further. If you can change the agreement at any time what’s to say that it won’t happen again, it won’t negatively impact us (the end users) monetarily again as it has now.

Be honest and just maybe you can save face. Delete this post or not, but understand by not allowing the community a voice then the community will just leave. Look how long I have been here championing your cause and now I feel betrayed in every sense of the word. All your hopes of making it worth the time invested may be for nothing if we all leave, if we all voice on other sites/forums/etc. If you are truthful about the 16,000 companies using the platform then losing a significant user base over something that could have easily been mitigated in other ways will definitely and significantly hurt when we chose to leave not because we weren’t willing to buy extras but simply because you didn’t even discuss this with us (the very people who helped build you up to this point from a client base) and you simply said it’s our way or the highway. My customers would leave as well if I did the same thing to them.

Do what you wish but honestly I cannot see any of these actions done thus far resulting in a real revenue stream for the platform because in the end the cost is what drove must of us to be willing to be beta testers for all these years for the development of the platform and the dishonesty about your intentions to monetize the platform were not forthcoming after being lead to believe that things were different and you wanted them to be this way. I really believed you had a platform that would be a disrupter in the MSP space but these changes just align you with the rest of the marketplace.

It was truly a great ride till now and I, for sure am sad to see it come to this and so many of us having to part ways with something we valued so highly in a marketplace that desperately needed a disrupter to foster good competition and align MSP’s with their LOB in a way that made it better for all the SMB’s out there that we service. This experience has taught me a lot and given many of us an eye opener in terms of what we invest in going forward. Best wishes to all and best of luck with your new path forward.

Just so I am clear, if we are NOT using the Comodo Security Products, this would not affect us?

I am understanding that to be wrong - It’s now a pay to play system (what they are calling cost-neutral) - Freebies are ONLY free if you buy add-ons (per endpoint) - Otherwise there is going to be a cost per endpoint starting January 2020 for those who don’t buy the CCS or other things from the Comodo “store”.

@StrobTech, Care to comment?

I agree with others, the “Free forever” quote on the original site, they have not changed that, should umbrella cover existing clients. No company should make ANY claim that their product is free forever then recant.

Still says FREE

https://one.comodo.com/home.php

Even the website still calms its free!!!

https://www.itarian.com/free-rmm-software.php

No Obligation

Perhaps one of the best things about ITarianfree remote monitoring and management software is “no obligation”. You never have to buy anything if you don’t want to. You can enjoy all the benefits of our Endpoint Manager Module and pay nothing. There is absolutely no reason “not” to try this, because you are not investing any of your hard earned money.

Is There Really aLunch When It Comes to Software

As we have explained in this blog post. There is no charge for the Endpoint Manager Module. It is open source and has been developed and tweaked by some of the best minds in the industry. We offer it to you because it is good business and we are proud to be able to give away such a fine product. However, if you want alunch, you’ll have to ask a friend to buy or visit the nearest soup kitchen. But there is good news. This software isto use as long as you like with no trial period. Call (973) 859 4000 ext 3025 for a live demonstration.

any idea what “We charge $1.25 per endpoint per month (MSPs please apply for MSP discounted rate)”

These are pages to be updated, I’ll inform the teams to make the changes. Thank you for notification.

@fatih Way to skirt the question. We have under 100 devices we manage, we do not and will not use Comodo to protect our endpoints. It is both clumsy and unreliable, the TOP software evaluation groups, the Comodo products do not show up on their radar, why would that product be trusted to protect client endpoints?

Hi @carls

we recommend everyone to use Comodo security products because we protect your assets, no joke on this. You may check one recent example here how our product helped our customer endpoints to be safe and secure: https://forum.itarian.com/forum/prod…re-ko-css-wins.

You may also confirm this with independent testing organization results, we’re always having 100% protection, not a common case for industry standard. https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus…indows-client/ https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus…ium-12-193109/

I am not familiar with that site. Seems Odd though they didn’t show up on their lists until Feb of this year.

Hi @carls - I PM’d, check it out when you get the chance!

Zach

2 posts, you must be new.

New to the forum, yes! Again, when you get the chance check your PM’s.

And I did email you :wink:

Hi @carls

Sorry for the late reply as in annual leave, but will do my best to help!!

In regards to Itarian, the goal is to make it a one stop shop for Msps and enterprises where they can buy all the licenses they need for AV, Office applications and email system etc…

We are an MSP as well as a reseller for Comodo and Itarian, and we know all msps need these types of applications for their customers.

The idea is that which the new agreement in place Itarian will still be free as you will be buying AV etc via Itarian and the profit they make for this will fund the platform.

Making sure the platform is funded is a great thing for us all as this means we get a better product and support which we are all asking for on a daily basis but expecting it for free.

Itarian have done a great job to be free and working hard to stay that way while trying to bring more development and support to you, this is as you can imagine a challenge as staff want wages for work etc…

I know this sounds like an excuse, but it is not. I had discussions with Comodo and Itarian on this and believe it is a good compromise but it has not been handled the best to be honest.

​​​​​​​Anything else I can help with please let me know!

Still waiting for your email…