2fa deactivation

I have a technician that needs remote access to just one machine only… I know I can achieve this by creating a tech account and limiting them to a single group/endpoint with roles.

but I’ve hit a problem…

This particular tech doesnt have access to the google 2fa authenticator app… Is there a way to disable 2fa authentication for a single user??

Pretty sure one of the platform updates this year made 2FA mandatory.

Yeah I think you’re correct… the docs say for those with 50+ endpoints it’s mandatory but just wondered if there was some way around it if the user had less.

Hello @Ed_Johnson ,

Deactivation of 2FA is possible when the account has less than 50 devices enrolled. You can navigate to Management -> Account, then open Account Security Details tab and deselect “Enable Two Factor Authentication” checkbox and click “Save Changes” button.

Best regards,
Ilgaz

Hi thanks for that. we have more than 50 endpoints but I was wondering if 2fa could be deactivated on a user/staff level rather than an account level as the user only has access to one endpoint. It looks like that isnt possible but thanks for the response.

Hi, I know this is an older post.
But I wonder how I can get OTP disabled after my device with the authy got stolen. This means, I cannot access the whole account at all.
I can only write to support, correct?

Hi @elevenelks,

We have created a support ticket for the issue.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi,
I do not see any incoming email to my registered gmail.com and therefore also do not know if you and I can take care of this case.
Kindly let me know!

Hi @elevenelks,

Support ticket number is #4569393. The support team has requested confirmation to disable OTP.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

This is very kind of you but WHERE is this ticket posted or maintained, man. I did not get any email something alike.
ANd I really need to use your remote access

Oh, this brings to me the idea, that I can still use the remote access, the blue one, without any 2FA, correct?

Hi,
I still haven’t received any help also after opening a new ticket with itarian support directly.
Please can you be responsive and tell me how Iaccess a ticket you opened innowhere, of which I havent received any notice?
I cannot login my account and I need to …
shall Ijust open another ? But for what. Reset my 2fa to disable polease … just right now.
Username is told already

Hi @elevenelks,

We checked with the backend team and it was updated the 2FA was already reset. Will check with them again and do needful action.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi @elevenelks,

Please check your Inbox for a private message sent and follow the steps provided.
Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi @elevenelks,

Our backend team has disabled the 2FA as requested, please check and provide your feedback.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Works fine. Thank you. I hope there is a simple 2FA like SMS or voice call available. Willl look