Automate deplyments

I’ve started to play around with Itarian and I cant seem to find information on creating my own deployment. I have a few questions on creating my own profile for new system deployment;

1. Is there a way to automatically have a profile install programs form the application store? I would like my new deploy profile to install Chrome and Adobe Reader without having to push them myself.

2. I have a few powershell scripts that perform basic tasks and customization for new systems, I noticed that the scripting is python. Is there a way to use my existing powershell scripts or to convert them.

3. Is there a way to determine which type of system (Dell, HP, Lenovo) and have it install the appropriate manufactures tools?

What I am trying to accomplish is when having a new system to just install the RMM and assign the new system profile and have my basic configuration performed.

Hello @SimonB ,

We have forwarded your query to our Itarian support. One of our Itarian support team member will reach you using your email.

1. Is there a way to automatically have a profile install programs form the application store? I would like my new deploy profile to install Chrome and Adobe Reader without having to push them myself.

> Unfortunately, not, I have requested this previously.

1. Is there a way to determine which type of system (Dell, HP, Lenovo) and have it install the appropriate manufactures tools?

> I wonder if the scripts team could produce a script, good idea.

Hi @SimonB

Thank you for your requests.

1. I have a few powershell scripts that perform basic tasks and customization for new systems, I noticed that the scripting is python. Is there a way to use my existing powershell scripts or to convert them.

Please use the below python script to run your PowerShell scripts. Please provide your PowerShell script content as input to our script.
https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend/web/topic/run-powershell-script

1. Is there a way to determine which type of system (Dell, HP, Lenovo) and have it install the appropriate manufactures tools?

Though we can determine the system type using a script, there is a limitation in installing manufacturing tools. It requires direct download links from manufacturer repository and the same need to be silent installation supported.

Please provide your feedback. We are happy to help you.

Best regards
Kannan