Blacklist 3rd Party Applications

Hello.

Is it somehow possible to exclude specific 3rd Party Applications from the Patch Management?

For example we are using Foxit PhantomPDF, but only have a key for version 8 - so an update to version 9 is not in question for the near future. It would be nice to be able to exclude the patches that upgrade to v9 from the list of available patches.

Best wishes
Sébastien

Hi @Taspharel
We thank you for bringing up this suggestion of hiding third-party patches (similar to hiding Windows updates). Comodo is committed to your satisfaction and we, in C1 Support, will work with our product development team to ensure the best possible response. After the team has reviewed your suggestion, we will pass along any additional updates.

Agreed, this would be helpful functionality.

Good point, I agree.

Hello, @Taspharel ,

First of all, tahnks for bringing up this issue. We have already have aroadmap item to hide/unhide 3rd party applications as we do for OS patches. I think this would suffice your need. In addition, we can exclude those hidden applications from 3rd party patch procedures search while you select the option of “Update only the selected applications”.

I think this will suffice your need. Am I correct?

Best regards,
Emrah
Product Manager for IT&SM Patch Management, Monitoring and Procedures

Yes, that sounds exactly like what I would be looking for.

Is this roadmap accessible someplace?

Hi @Taspharel ,

The Feature to hide/unhide 3rd party applications is currently under review by our product team. The roadmap for product development is an internal constantly changing process discussion resource page by our developers, Rest assure that we will send an email notification once we updates become available Thank you for your patience.

​​​​​@Taspharel @RayBTWIT @nct ,

We’re glad to inform you about the Feature Functionality to Hide third-party patches is now available on production environment. Please do check at your convenient time. Thank you for your patience