BULK ACTIONS in ITarian Service Desk cause logout from portal

Every time I select multiple tickets in Service Desk and try to perform a bulk action, like delete or close, etc. The system sends me to a login prompt. WTH?

Hi @nnsit ,

It’s possible that you don’t have activity for several minutes that’s why you are being prompted to login again. I would suggest that you refresh the Service Desk application again before you try to delete or close multiple tickets. If you continue to have the same issue even after refreshing the page then we might have to escalate that to the support team.

Hi @nnsit ,

Good day! We’ve created a support ticket for your concern. Please respond to the support email sent to you so we can have our developers check and analyze the issue.

Thank you.

No, this is happening immediately after I initially login and go directly to the service desk to check tickets.

I have raised this issue with support before, and sent screenshots, and even video, and nothing was ever done.

Here are the screenshots. Nothing much to see. I login to the portal, go directly to the Service desk, select 2 or more tickets, and do ANY bulk action (in this case a close) and it sends me to a login screen. This happens consistently - every time I try it. Regardless of if I just logged in to the portal or if I have been working in it for a while. Regardless if I am closing or Deleting. And it is REALLY DAMN ANNOYING. Thanks.

Hello,

Please respond to the email that we sent you because the post itself cannot be forwarded to our developers for analysis.

Thank you.

I know this sounds daft; but have you cleared your internet cache as SD is effected a lot by this.

Yes, Several times. It happens in Chrome, IE and FireFox.

Thanks.

Hi @nnsit

Good day. Kindly reply on the ticket that we have created for you on the time you reported the issue so we can communicate to our developers and investigate your issue

Thanks,
Craig

What’s the bulk action you doing that causes this?

Delete
Close
​​​​​​…

I assume ANY. But yes, typically DELETE or CLOSE.

Thanks.

Interesting as I delete in bulk many times a day due to a few internal email alerts for updates etc.

We have not experienced such an issue here over many machines.

We are using mainly Win 10 with combinations for Firefox and Chrome.

My primary OS is Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

Also not seeing this issue and I am using the EU platform.

NOTE FOR ITARIAN SUPPORT: I did some additional testing. The issue only happens when the ITarian portal is open in more than one tab in the browser.

Personally, I have 3 screens and I tend to always run with 2 or more tabs open for ITARIAN, 1 tab for calendar, 1 for contacts, 1 or 2 for email, 2 or 3 for helpdesk, 1 for RA, 1 for my WebChat, and 1 or 2 for my knowledgebase/notes system. PLUS whatever I am actively working on or researching. Multitasking is very important in the way we work.

Hi @nnsit ,

Good day. Kindly reply on the ticket that we have created for you on the time you reported the issue so we can communicate to our developers and investigate your issue.

I always have two windows open.

One direct to the service desk URL and one to the normal Itarian link for the rest of the services.