Bulk apply or remove a profile from a group of machines

So I have a set of profiles that I need to apply (and some to remove) from a bunch of devices. How do I do that all at once? (These are NOT DEFAULT profiles - they apply only to a subset of machines - not to all of them) (ex: Just server OS, or just nodes in this company, or just nodes that are laptops, etc)

1.) When I edit the profile, there is no section showing what machines it is applied to - it needs to have sone with selection boxes and a delete button.
2.) When I view a dashboard drill down or do a device list filter, and select the machines I want, there is no option to “Apple profile” or “remove profile” from the group.

Is there a way to do this that I am not aware of? (Other than one machine at a time??!?)

Thanks.

Hello @nnsit,

Currently, removing profiles on machines already enrolled can be done only via Device Groups. You can add devices to a group and apply some profile to this group. After that, this profile will be associated with all devices in this group. Also, if a profile is already applied to the devices initially, provided it’s not a default profile, then you may need to manually remove the first added profile.

Thank you.

Yeah, that’s the problem. Device groups can NOT span companies so in this case that is useless. I need to create groups like “All Windows 2012 servers” or “all laptops”, not “All Windows 2012 servers in company XYZ” because then I’d have to create and manage multiple groups for the same thing. This product is supposed to help us manage our clients machines, not make them manage us. We need simplicity, bulk action, and automation. Having to manually remove profiles from each machine is ridiculous.

This product is half baked, and I keep hanging in there hoping that the cooks will finish soon. ITarian has truly awesome potential - but it needs to work double-time on making this product more mature and adding in some really basic features for its existing customers who have stood by it.

Hello @nnsit ,

Thank you very much for providing us your suggestion for a Feature Request - Ability to Bulk apply or remove a profile from a group of machines. Your input is important to us as it will help to improve the usefulness of ITarian for the entire users’ community. We have submitted your request to our product team. They will review it and determine where it will fit best on the product road-map. Also, we have created a support ticket regarding this request. We will contact you as soon as we receive an update.

Thank you.

@AmyHD
now THIS is why I like Itarian. They listen. Tickets and scripts are created fast. Just takes way too long to get new features.