Can't Authenticate to MDM managed iPad

Here’s what happens when I start up my 7th Gen iPad that is managed by Endpoint Manager as it’s MDM with Apple DEP using the profile iOS - Security Level 1 Profile v.6.33:

Press Home to Open –> Select Language: English –> Select Country: United States –> Apps & Data: Don’t Transfer Apps & Data –> Remote Management –> Next.
When I’m presented with the Remote Management screen, I enter my credentials, but keep getting Your Credentials are either missing or wrong. Try Again. OK

My user has Administrators & Users roles. The credentials are the same I use with Login - Comodo ONE

Why can’t I authenticate to the iPad?

Hello @scott-payzer

We have informed our ITarian Team to review your reported issue and get back to your case as quickly as possible.

Great! They reached out about 1 hour ago and I’ve sent them screenshots of my Endpoint Manager configuration & pictures of walking through set up of the iPad

Even though the issue is specifically with how the organization has set up MDM to use DEP and not a vulnerability in DEP itself, Apple still has a responsibility to its enterprise customers. DEP acts as an authentication broker for MDM, and if it is not supposed to provide any layer of security, Apple has to say that explicitly in its documentation and guidance. Administrators may be under the impression that being enrolled in DEP is sufficient proof that this is a trusted device because it is not specifically stated that DEP is not designed to make any security assurances.

Even though the issue is specifically with how the organization has set up MDM to use DEP and not a vulnerability in DEP itself, Apple still has a responsibility to its enterprise customers. DEP acts as an authentication broker for MDM, and if it is not supposed to provide roadrunner email any layer of security, Apple has to say that explicitly in its documentation and guidance. Administrators roamay be under the impression that being enrolled in DEP is sufficient proof that this is a trusted device because it is not specifically stated that DEP is not designed to make any security assurances.