Comodo Client - Password protect uninstallation

Hi guys,

I know that its possible to password protect the client as that any changes require a password, but is it possible to password protect the un-installation of the client?

Thanks,

Dave

Tested. And the uninstall asked for the passwrod.

Hello @dbettens,

Yes, it is possible to protect the uninstallation of the client. Once the client is protected with password for changes, it is at the same time protected with the uninstallation. Please make sure that the client access control is applied to the target devices. For further information, you may refer to the link below.

https://help.comodo.com/topic-399-1-786-11186-Client-Access-Control.html

Thank you and please let us know if it works for you.

Excellent feature! I was unaware of this but was planning to see if it was on the roadmap.

@MTekhna ,

Yes indeed. You might want to view the details of this incoming October 21st release
https://c1forum.comodo.com/forum/products/preview-section/18306-release-candidate-of-comodo-one-it-operating-platform-october-release-10-21-2017

it’s a bit weird, I had all the settings correct but it wasn’t prompting for password, i remove the Client UI settings from the profile, then re added and now its working…weird.

thanks

Dave

looking at it this may have something to do with having to change “UI settings” to show notification messages and show informational messages - i previously have these disabled…

@dbettens ,

I see. the updated profile might have not yet reflected on the device. I have tested it as @dittoit and it did work for me. I just had to wait for a bit for it to work.

Did you all test the feature from Administrator account and also from Safemode?.

Hi @axatech
If performed in the built-in local Administrator account, the uninstallation attempt will trigger the password prompt. This behavior of the CCC will work on any other Windows user account.

For those modes wherein the Windows Installer service is disabled by default (like safe mode), the uninstallation attempt will simply fail outright. Now, if the Windows Installer service is enabled (through any method available), the uninstallation attempt will still trigger the password prompt.

Of course, all of these limitations goes out of the window if the endpoint is booted from a ‘live / boot / rescue disc’.