Comodo ONE - IT Operating Platform January Release (01/28/2017)

Hi everyone,

We would like to inform you that we are going to have new releases over Comodo ONE on Saturday (01/28/2017) morning. Platform will be on maintenance mode for 3 hours early Saturday. We expect to have no service outage in general. If you observe any brief connectivity issues, please retry later in the day.

In addition to user interface and experience improvements, you can see the list of new features, improvements and bug fixes below. Comodo One Portal
New Features

• 2-Factor option shall be provided to MSP and Enterprise accounts in C1 Portal authentication. In order accounts activate usage of 2-Factor authentication, Prerequisites for 2-Factor authentication usage:
    • Generation and usage of backup codes are available for users having 2-Factor Authentication enabled.
  • Partner (Reseller) activation and will be possible over C1 Portal starting from this version.
  • Shared Comodo License Account shall be used to perform operations like subscription of a module on C1 Portal store, Reseller operations.
  • C1 Portal has a new design which will be general template for other modules as well. We will be releasing other licensed application with similar user interface over next iterations.
  • C1 Platform has a unified notification view where other module notifications (e.g. ITSM) will be monitored over C1 Portal.
  • C-Watch shall be available for C1 Enterprise customers as well.
Improvements:
  • ITSM provisioning process in C1 registration has been improved
Bug Fixes:
  • Missing user count in request for buying new product has been corrected.
  • Problems due to different time zone in C1 Portal, ITSM and SD for an existing MSP have been fixed
  • Time zone problems for existing customers have been fixed.
  • Captcha errors have been fixed
  • Custom role permission right problems have been fixed.
  • Subdomain field uniqueness check has been fixed to consider capital letters
  • Russian character support problem on C1 reports has been corrected.
IT Security Manager
New Features
Device Inventory
  • Patch status value added to device list and click on numbers will redirect to filtered list of available patches inside device view.
  • Last reboot time and reboot reason is displayed under "Summary" tab for Windows devices.
  • CPU, RAM, Network, Disk usage performance metrics are displayed under "Summary" tab for Windows devices.
  • Admins now can update old version of security or communication agents directly from portal. They need check device(s) on Device List, click Install MSI/Packages > Additional Comodo packages, see if any of selected devices need update of security or communication agents and update old version of security or communication agents directly from portal.
  • Admins can select to uninstall Communication and Security clients when removing windows devices from portal.
Monitoring
  • Admins can define a new monitor to track online/offline status of devices so that alert will be created when a device turns out to be offline or online for a specified time period.
Procedures
  • Several procedures are added under CONFIGURATION TEMPLATES > Procedures > Predefined Procedures folder. These procedures are listed below:
  • “Application” folder:
    • Uninstall Comodo Client Security agents without Reboot
  • “File Operations” folder:
    • Find and Remove Duplicate Files
    • Compress Folder
    • Decompress Folder
    • Show All Temporary Files
    • Delete Temporary Files
  • “System” folder:
    • Fix Errors on Hard Disk Drive
    • Reboot Devices (Up time is more than 8 days)
    • Create Restore Point
    • Disable USB Port
    • Enable USB Port
    • List Mapped Network Drives
    • Map Network Drive
    • Check Default Disk Problems
    • Check Disk Problems
    • Clear Windows Event Logs
    • Lock Windows Workstation
    • Activate Power Saver Plan
    • Activate Balanced Power Plan
    • Activate High Performance Power Plan
  • “Network” folder:
    • Show TCP/IP Settings
    • Save the Current Network Configuration
    • Restore Network Configuration
    • Clear DNS Cache
    • Renew Ipconfig
  • “User Accounts” folder:
    • Get UAC (User access control) Status
    • Enable UAC (User access control)
    • Disable UAC (User access control)
    • List All Users of the Local Group
    • List All Local Groups
    • Delete Domain User from Local Group
    • Add Domain User to Local Group
ITSM Notifications
  • ITSM notifications are displayed under unified section that is located in C1 Portal.
    • If admins log into ITSM from C1 interface, notification bell at ITSM side will be hidden and every ITSM notification will appear under C1 notification system.
    • If admins log into ITSM directly without using C1 interface, notification bell will be shown on ITSM and every ITSM notification will appear under regular ITSM notification system.

Improvements

• New user interface is implemented over Comodo Client Viewer in order to expand the available space on the screen.
  • Service Desk ticket subjects’ format is improved for RMM generated alerts:
    • [Monitor Name] Monitor Triggered on [Device Name] of [Customer Name -For MSP portals]
    • [Procedure Name] [Procedure] [Failed / Succeeded] on [Device Name] of [Customer Name -For MSP portals]
  • Tickets’ content format is improved to include more metrics for the Service Desk tickets that are opened via tray icon.
  • Tickets’ content format is improved to include more metrics regarding device, performance and connectivity for the Service Desk tickets that are created for monitoring notifications.
  • E-mail format is improved to include more metrics regarding device, performance and connectivity for ITSM portal alert notifications.
  • Admins now have the ability to select from reboot options under [Patch Procedure] > "Restart Control" tab page section. They have the possibility to force the reboot for a given period of time, suppressing the reboot or letting users postpone the reboot and warning about it by sending custom reboot message.
  • "Schedule" tab and informative note is added to patch procedures with info icon about how to create a schedule for patch procedure.
  • “Device(s) with Critical Patch Available” widget from C1 Dashboard will redirect to ITSM filtered device list with available critical patches.
  • “Device(s) with Optional Patches” widget from C1 Dashboard will redirect admins to ITSM filtered device list with all type of patches except critical.
  • Enrollment instructions for Active Directory users is displayed on “Enroll Device” page which is shown directly on portal.
  • Details view for monitoring and procedure logs changed from pop-up to page view.
  • Admins can choose certificate server during account activation under SETTINGS > Portal Set-Up > Certificates activation > Add Account modal window.
  • Several icons are changed over ITSM portal.
  • Default firewall action is changed from "Block Requests" to "Allow Requests" for "Optimum Windows Profile for ITSM" configuration template.
Comodo Quote Manager

New Features

• Quote Creation pages are redesigned a wizard to lead the user through 4 intuitive steps
    • Quote setup
    • Add items
    • Additional Information
    • Summary
  • Product categories are implemented to improve usability of product catalog and quote design
    • Hardware
    • Software
    • Service
  • Admin can upload signature to sign to the quotes to give a more profession look
Improvements:
  • Admins can choose to display the symbol or abbreviation of a currency. I.e.: displaying $ instead of USD.
  • Admins can choose which currencies should be shown on quote creation wizard instead of full list of all currencies
  • Currency conversion parities are retrieved from Google Finance service and admin can still override them
  • Admin can pick which information (phone, email, website address) to be shown on the quote
Service Desk
Improvements:
  • Account admin role cannot be modified from Service Desk anymore, in order to achieve roles and rights unification on all modules.
  • Device Name and Organization fields are added to Service Desk tickets list, in order to unify information of customer in all platforms.
  • Device names can be provided directly from ITSM, in order to track tickets easily from each endpoint.
  • On Admin Panel’s E-mail Settings Page, Outgoing Emails section is removed, in order to prevent interfering Email settings.
  • Service Desk Default Notification e-mail address can’t be deleted or edited anymore in order to define one notification system email for preventing errors.
Bug Fixes:
  • In Contracts section of Staff Panel, Billable Period can be selected and displayed as “Monthly” now, instead of displaying as “Weekly”.
  • Ticket search is fixed in order to search all tickets within all tabs.
  • Some HTML tags are enabled again and for feature HTML tags request, a deploy script prepared where it is connected to database in order to prevent crashing Service Desk message layout.
  • Content of cost report email can be received in proper format now.
  • “Load Data” error on Comodo One Mobile app is fixed.

Best regards,
Ilker

great work guys!

Looking forward to this release good job!!

whoop! good one!!

Hi Guys,

thanks for the update.
I’m glad to say most updates are good, but I do have an odd question on a couple of them…
Improvement - PM:

• Dashboard statistic widget removed to increase overall system performance

Why is this being improved, I thought PM was moved to ITSM and via the procedures now?

Comodo Quote Manager

New Features

• Quote Creation pages are redesigned a wizard to lead the user through 4 intuitive steps

The wizard is nice, but when editing a quote to add an additional part or service due to a question etc, can this jump straight to that part saving a bit of next next etc

Hi @StrobeTech ,

Comodo Quote Manager

New Features

Good idea! We are noting this to our roadmap, we will evaulate it in the next releases.

Best Regards,
AhmetEnes

Hi All,

I appreciate all the improvements. Still exploring them.

Comodo One Portal - New Features

C1 Portal has a new design which will be general template for other modules as well. We will be releasing other licensed application with similar user interface over next iterations.

This is maybe a trivial issue to comment on, but I must express my horror at the orange color choice for the new C1 theme.

Right now I only see this color on the C1 portal, when I pass through to ITSM, where I spend most of my time. But the release notes say "We will be releasing other licensed application with similar user interface over next iterations.” Of course it makes sense to have a unified theme, but I think it’s such an awful color. I’m not looking forward to when this color gets applied to ITSM and the other licensed apps. Am I alone with this opinion?

I’m not usually fussy about color. I never bother customizing themes when options are available (Windows desktops etc. etc.). I usually find default themes to be fine as is. The current ITSM theme color (blue) is fine.

I now find that I missed a December posting by Ilker titled "Pick your themes!!!”, so I didn’t get to express my preference before now. Not sure how many people voted to come up with the orange choice. I think that any of the other choices are OK except the orange and red, which are both very harsh to the eye.

Is there any way to offer a color choice, or review the decision?

Thanks,
Kees

Hi Kees,

Yes, additional options would be offered on next releases. Our aim is to re-arrange default coloring based on the votes we get on the post you mentioned. thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

Ilker