Comodo One Mobile no longer working since update

Hello, since the update, I am unable to use the Comodo One Mobile for Android. Everytime I try to login it says Server Unexpected . Not sure if anyone else is having issues or not.

Hello @derrick.kleckner

We will escalate the issue further but, in the meantime, please provide us a screenshot of the error message received.

Also, afterwards, could you please try to reinstall the application?

Looking forward to your reply.

Hello @derrick.kleckner ,

The issue was corrected. Please try to log in now.

Works good, I appreciate everyones effort. Things are looking better and better. Also I heard from the grapevine that ios and android was to have an app soon to control RMM, was this true?

@derrick.kleckner ,

Thank you for letting us know! Regarding the ability to takeover endpoints from iOS and Android, we are working on implementing the ability to takeover an endpoint directly from the webportal, bypassing the RMM Admin console, this creating a portable environment from where you can takeover a computer. This feature is scheduled to be implemented in our upcoming release due on December 30th 2016. We will add your request to the escalated case and we will let you know as soon as new information regarding this request is available.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.