Comodo One Remote Control issues

Hi,

I am testing Comodo One’s remote control. So far, it’s been ok, but I’ve had some issues with Remote control. After reviewing the below link, and my firewall logs, I suspect I know why, but wanted to bring it up and ask. https://help.comodo.com/topic-399-1-…irewall_remote

1. When I connect to my VPN, the remote control desktop app would not connect, and all PCs eventually showed down and would not come back even after I exited the VPN. I had to restart the desktop app. I suspect this has to do with UDP ports being blocked when on my VPN. Which ports are used to poll whether a remote machine is online?

2. When I attempt to connect to some machines, I cannot connect. I see in my firewall logs that I’m attempting to connect over UDP, and I know at one site outbound UDP is blocked and this cannot be altered. However, even if I could alter it, if a client is on a public WiFi and UDP ports are blocked, I am not going to be able to control their PC. Other remote apps I have used like TeamViewer or ScreenConnect work fine, but they relay over SSL 443, and it seams Comodo RC doesn’t do this? Is there not a SSL 443 relay fallback for when the UDP/Stun tunnels fail?

If there is no SSL 443 tunnel, and it’s not provided due to bandwidth concerns, then perhaps provide a means for a self-hosted SSL relay? I would run my own in order to avoid such issues.

Thank you,
Travis G
https://www.tcptechs.com

Hello @tcptechs
Please feel free to check the following wiki guide on how to configure custom ports for the Comodo Remote Control (CRC).

@Rick_C Thanks for responding, however that guide is of no help as it explains how to change UDP ports for more UDP ports, and doesn’t answer either of my questions. Remote control should have a TCP SSL relay tunnel for fallback for reliability. Does this exist or not? If not, Comodo RMM is not going to be reliable for a remote control solution.

In addition to my first 2 questions, I also have these:

1. I don’t see a remote command line/powershell option. Am I missing it?

2. Is there an unattended file transfer option (transfer files without connecting to screen and bothering user)?

3. Is there an unattended services manager and registry editor (without connecting to screen and bothering user)?

Thank you,
Travis G
https://www.tcptechs.com

@tcptechs ,

We understand that you are having issues in utilizing our remote tool with your type of setup. We will forward your initial queries to our Product Development Team and provide you feedback if such alternatives can be used for our remote tool to work in your environment efficiently.

As for the other queries,

1. I don’t see a remote command line/PowerShell option. Am I missing it?

2. Is there an unattended file transfer option (transfer files without connecting to screen and bothering user)?

3. Is there an unattended services manager and registry editor (without connecting to screen and bothering user)?

Additional functions of our Remote Tool is to arrive this Q4,

It also includes utilizing tasks such as (File Transfer and CMD ) without users being interrupted. Powershell and Registry Editor are still under Development by our Product Team. We can provide updates, news, and notifications about the functionalities you have mentioned.